Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
I hope the Wed. night series races the actual 24-hour course Wed. 6/22. I think all the guys on my team are planning on being there to get a little pre-pre-ride in. :)
Pre-riding is a good idea. I think I might pre-ride solo because my teammates treated it like a damn race lap last year. :p I prefer real slow and real easy and save the legs for Saturday.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Pre-riding is a good idea. I think I might pre-ride solo because my teammates treated it like a damn race lap last year. :p I prefer real slow and real easy and save the legs for Saturday.
Yeah, that's our plan as well. Show up for the Wed. night "race" and do a couple moderate/slow laps to check things out. :sneaky: When is the "official" pre-ride time(s)? On Fri. or Sat. morning?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Last year: there was a group (easy paced) ride the saturday before, then we raced the course the wednesday before, and most monkeys did a preride Friday

I would say to NOT do a preride the day of - save your energy!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, that's our plan as well. Show up for the Wed. night "race" and do a couple moderate/slow laps to check things out. :sneaky: When is the "official" pre-ride time(s)? On Fri. or Sat. morning?
I think last year the opened the course at like noon on Friday. PLENTY of time to preride, and the trails were not busy at all. Like Doug said, a Saturday pre-ride is a bad idea.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

I'm pre riding Friday - and I plan to go slowwwwwwwwwww

last year I also went too fast on the preride, plus I did a sorta fast ride Thursday night, oh and I raced the course on wednesday- damn, how to bleep did I do that :confused: ???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:
LOL! You should've stuck with Sq-Earl & I. We started out with you all and decided to take it slower and find nice lines :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
greasey monkey said:
If the course is the same and is dry I would like to do a 45 to 50 min lap :D
A dry course would be very nice. Hell, I'd be happy with a damp course instead of the friggin mudfest that last year's race was. My backyard is drying out, so that's a good sign! :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A 45 minute throw down is possible. Said rider would be turning purple and feeling pain rivaling having oven cleaner injected into their bloodstream.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Question... How far is it from the "Main Parking Lot" to our campsites in Section "A" and/or the transition area?
A couple hundred yards, but you can drive your car right up to your campsite for loading and unloading.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
A couple hundred yards, but you can drive your car right up to your campsite for loading and unloading.
Cool! That answers the loading/unloading question!! Thanks! :thumb:

The othe reason I asked is because I have a couple team members that are considering sleeping in their vehicals as opposed to tenting at the site. Not sure how good an idea that is, but I guess as long as they pack an alarm clock...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:

The othe reason I asked is because I have a couple team members that are considering sleeping in their vehicals as opposed to tenting at the site. Not sure how good an idea that is, but I guess as long as they pack an alarm clock...
I don't really camp well and could not fall alseep Friday night last year. Every little bit of noise kept me up. So I grabbed my sleeping bag, walked to my car, and slept in it. I got a solid three hours of sleep that night. Since the parking lot is far enough away from the campsites, I didn't hear a thing from my car.

This year I am sleeping at home Friday night.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
I don't really camp well and could not fall alseep Friday night last year. Every little bit of noise kept me up. So I grabbed my sleeping bag, walked to my car, and slept in it. I got a solid three hours of sleep that night. Since the parking lot is far enough away from the campsites, I didn't hear a thing from my car.

Thanks again Baboon! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:

I'm considering a hotel :help:. Last weekend at the Burn I got more sleep during the race than the night before. Had some jackasses roll in about 1:00 am with screaming kids, barking dogs. It took them hours to set up camp and shut up. I had asked them to keep things down and they told me to deal with it. It took all my willpower not to do something bad but it was useless at that point. The best part of the night came when their 3 year old son started crying and ask mommy when he could go to bed. I shouted out of my tent that they wer not only assholes but bad parents.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
last year I drove back home friday, took a nice warm shower and got in a good 7 hours in my comfy bed - not sure why this year I plan to sleep at Dalton?

ps: If I decide to drive home, theres a couch available if any light sleeper does not want to sleep at the camp site

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:

Right now I am planning on tenting it, I don't know if my long legs could handle sleeping in my car. I was also wondering about the loading/unloading, so thanks for that info.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
Right now I am planning on tenting it, I don't know if my long legs could handle sleeping in my car. I was also wondering about the loading/unloading, so thanks for that info.
Cool, I think it'll be just you and I tenting. Rob, Jim and Richie are planning on sleeping in there cars. (we'll be closer to the beer though! :D )

splat

Nam I am
TreeSaw said:
There are always some amazing smells coming from justbill's culinary creations :drool:
and it was amazing when Bill had leftovers at Breakfast , and yelled over to the Jakalopes camp any one want some eggs/Pancakes how fast Echo and Tweek were there ! And all of Bills creations were very tasty! :D THat Pizza at 3 AM was just Awesome :drool:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
McGRP01 said:
Are you saying you're cooking a turkey? Mmmmm...turkey. :drool:

I would be happy to share the recipe. Just have your team's chef give me a call or we can chat there. He/She must surely have all the ingredients in your pantry. Don't worry about any possible language barriers. Our Swedish masseuse and Italian mechanic can speak most of the European dialects.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
Cool, I think it'll be just you and I tenting. Rob, Jim and Richie are planning on sleeping in there cars. (we'll be closer to the beer though! :D )

I'll have to get a growler from the Davidson Brothers before I head down on friday. Hmmmm...summer wheat....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
Word!

I've got my money on Echo for most improved lap times, maybe Treesaw she seemed motivated to train after Old Pueblo. I'd say that there is a good chance Echo will have the fastest lap.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
I'm thinking the pre-ride on Saturday morning should be enough training. What do you all think?
I think you should do two laps Friday evening and go really hard, then get up at 6:00 Saturday and do another hard lap. You want to make sure you give your legs a good warmup! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
I think you should do two laps Friday evening and go really hard, then get up at 6:00 Saturday and do another hard lap. You want to make sure you give your legs a good warmup! :thumb:
If a good night sleep is possible a short hard effort on Friday should actually be good for you.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Westy said:
I hope it was the coffee. I haver never experienced such a thing, I am not sure if it was heartburn or not, my whole upper chest hurt. It could have been all the little muscles used for breathing cramping up but it was not like a side stitch. Maybe I was having a heart attack, I could only think of one other thing I'd rather be doing when croaking from a heart attack so I'm not going to worry about it.
sounds like a bad case of acid reflux. Meals and exercise exacerbate the condition.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
And ECHO should test his lights by doing a few hill repeats on the long climb at night, oh and dont forget to bring Sq- Earl on all of these rides

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
If a good night sleep is possible a short hard effort on Friday should actually be good for you.
I think Echo and his teammates should forego Friday night sleep spend the evening drinking heavily and discussing race strategy.