Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Westy said:
Hard training over the next 5 days then tapering off until the race will net good results for Dalton. Of course I have a badly bruised knee and a wedding to go to in the next 5 days.:(
hey i'm not sure what kind of knee problems your having BUT i have arthritis in mine and i've been using THERA-GESIC in the evenings after my rides, it's got aspirin in it and smells like crap BUT it totally works.
the last few months i've had to ware a compression wrap on my knee when not on the bike and since i've started using this stuff it's totally taken the pain away.
go to the drug store pick up a tube and try it out, you wont be sorry.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Less than 2 weeks now boys and girls!!! Time to wind down those aggressive, hi-intensity training rides... (and start buying beer!) :D

Who's ready?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Man I got owned in the 90 degree heat with 90% humidity today. Couldn't ride worth a sh!t. If it's hot like that at the race you can count me in for 2 hour lap times :dead:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rode with jollytime this weekend at Kingdom Trails. That man has added frikkin ROCKET BOOSTERS to his legs!!! This was me trying to keep up for two days ---> :dead: I predict at least one sub-hour lap for JT. I am pretty confident I'll have one, and he was just kicking my ass all over the place the last two days.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Less than 2 weeks now boys and girls!!! Time to wind down those aggressive, hi-intensity training rides... (and start buying beer!) :D

Who's ready?

I'm down......too hot to ride, beer & lounging in a pool for me :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Who's ready?
Ready as I can be!

Number of rides for me last year in the eight weeks leading up to Dalton: 11. I was injured, and maybe three of those rides were high intensity.

This year, in the last six weeks: 15 good hard rides, plus weight training three days a week.

Bring on Dalton! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Glad you guys are ready. I've hardly ridden my bike in the past 2 weeks. All kinds of sh*t going on in my life lately. I'm just hoping to finish at this point. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Glad you guys are ready. I've hardly ridden my bike in the past 2 weeks. All kinds of sh*t going on in my life lately. I'm just hoping to finish at this point. :(
Well, we are there to have FUN above all else. If we do ok in the race, that is merely a bonus. Our main focus is hanging with our riding buds, having a lot of laughs and turning the pedals a bit. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Well, we are there to have FUN above all else. If we do ok in the race, that is merely a bonus. Our main focus is hanging with our riding buds, having a lot of laughs and turning the pedals a bit. :)
Word. You're right. I am looking forward to it!! :dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I think if anyone is not having fun, we should throw them in the pond !
:thumb:

Hey, the super early weather forecast for next week is up at weather.com (too bad they suck). No rain predicted Saturday through Wednesday. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:

Tigg - no worries - I'm in the same boat as you.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
So Bill is bringing his son Noah right? The entire Splat family will be there right? I may be bringing Connor and Liam with me too, although I worry Connor will get bored easily since he'll still be in his cast on his right arm.

Whattya think? Should I bring the boys with me??

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMcG said:
So Bill is bringing his son Noah right? The entire Splat family will be there right? I may be bringing Connor and Liam with me too, although I worry Connor will get bored easily since he'll still be in his cast on his right arm.

I bet the boys will have a great time hanging out with Noah and the Splat Family!!! There's a lot of different things for them to do too. And I am sure everyone would love a few more in the crowd cheering for us monkeys!!!

Also, I bet my sisters and their friend would be happy to hang with the kids and play some games too. I'll ask them tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

What about sleeping quarters for the boys? Bill and Noah need 1/2 of the camper, and I'd like one of the other two beds for mid-race rest and naps.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
justbill said:
YES.

If 4 boys that age cant find a way to keep from being bored with all that is there to do, they will make up some new things to do.

You parents know of what i speak.

bill
Poppa
I'll bring em then as long as other team members won't mind.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:

If you think they would have fun then why not, but you should decide asap so Jutsbill can adjust his food purchases

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm going to bring them, so Bill you can adjust accordingly. Connor is a huge hamburger fan and Liam is a big hot dog eater. They both love pizza too! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Keep in mind the size of the campground. We can probably fit three tents in there (one to the right of the camper and two behind it). If Mark is going to sleep in a tent, maybe someone else can take the 4th camper bed so that would be one less tent.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
How big is it? (I plan to have my tent so I have a place to sleep)

It is the tent that was right next to yours at Monkeyfest last year.

We'll probably only be sleeping over on Saturday night (plan to head back to CT on Friday night) so perhaps we can all share a bigger tent if yours is bigger and you wouldnt' mind Doug.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Keep in mind the size of the campground. We can probably fit three tents in there (one to the right of the camper and two behind it). If Mark is going to sleep in a tent, maybe someone else can take the 4th camper bed so that would be one less tent.

last year the camper was actually at the back of our campground, so some of out stuff (like jdcamps tent) was in a differenet camp site - that spot was empty last year/but is reserved this year

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
It is the tent that was right next to yours at Monkeyfest last year.

We'll probably only be sleeping over on Saturday night (plan to head back to CT on Friday night) so perhaps we can all share a bigger tent if yours is bigger and you wouldnt' mind Doug.

Mine is pretty small

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our campsite is starting to get pretty small. We need to sort this out. We've got 10 people now in a 600 sq foot campsite.

We've got Doug's tent, Splat's tent, JT's tent, Mark's tent, the camper, Bill's truck, the two canopies, tables and chairs. :help:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
we should figure out the tent situation. It's not like we'll all be sleeping at the same time anyway.

Whatever works.

Perhaps I'm screwing things all up here - if so, just lemme know.