Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

splat

Nam I am
We can work it out ! We can stuff tents all over the place as needed! I should go check the Sites Behind Jakalopes , Humanitys only hope, Ass Balancers . we'll find a Spot

Maybe put Bills truck on the other side of the Camping site this year so we can encrouch onto the jakalopes !

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm going to bring the boys with me. Liam's birthday is June 22nd and I think it would be a fun weekend for them. Perhaps we can have a little "birthday party" for Liam. I think two nights of sleeping there would be pushing it for Connor - but for Saturday night I think it would be fine. Hell Liam will just turn 9 a few days before and Connor is 6, they'll sleep just about anywhere. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
We can work it out ! We can stuff tents all over the place as needed! I should go check the Sites Behind Jakalopes , Humanitys only hope, Ass Balancers . we'll find a Spot

Maybe put Bills truck on the other side of the Camping site this year so we can encrouch onto the jakalopes !
Maybe we can rent out a 2nd campsite?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
We'll make it fit - remember last year - nobody was asleep at the same time.

And Doug Didn't sleep at all did he???

Doug - maybe the cute outdoor magazine chick will be there or the Clif bar hottie! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
don't worry We'll make it fit!
Well I e-mailed them anyway. If they say "Go ahead and grab a 2nd site", our problem will be solved. A little elbow room would sure be nice, and the other monkey teams would be more than welcome to throw any extra stuff in that site.

splat

Nam I am
I just checked the camping map while we have some one next to us , ther eare a bunch of other empty ones next to The Jackalopes, Ass Balances , Humanities only hope, etc .
as a matter of fact ther eare 3 open spaces next to the Jackcalopes .

don't worry we'll fit!

and Just look at teh sacrafices Doug is willing to make :devil:

what ever happened to Mtbkrgrl and Geespot ? are they doing it ?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Well I e-mailed them anyway. If they say "Go ahead and grab a 2nd site", our problem will be solved. A little elbow room would sure be nice, and the other monkey teams would be more than welcome to throw any extra stuff in that site.

Thanks Babs!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
We'll make it fit - remember last year - nobody was asleep at the same time.

And Doug Didn't sleep at all did he???

Doug - maybe the cute outdoor magazine chick will be there

hopefully - she was pretty cool

and yup, we will make it fit so bring the kids!

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
You guys worry about racing , ok, leave all the campsite fitting stuff to me.
As i recall the space below the bed outrigger will fit 2 small tents
The truck need not be left at the site.
My cooking and clean up area will be more effecient and take up less space.
I dont think once everyone is there they check for encroachment anyway, did you see some of those sites last year.

I say we put all the boys in one big tent and the adults sleep in the camper.

Its all good

I dont get my home mail at work but will check it when i get there.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
justbill said:
I met a couple at Skills Clinic Saturday that were racing also. Its like old home day.
I think that was 2 of my teamates. Endurance = Yes, Technical = Not so much, but we do have a good time and that's all that matters.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
splat said:
for Those of you NEMBAites, I noticed Kevin Montgomery is racing solo
i wonder if he will fall asleep on the course again. i cant make it. well i guess ill be racing there next year. ive gotta work that weekend and i cant drive so ill be stuck up here. :nopity:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hey!!

Don't forget to bring the monkey trophy's !!

I have a feeling they will be some changes to "where" they are located after Dalton !

It will interesting to see if all of Treesaws training will pay off, or if stuntmatty's girl can steal the glory of fastest female monkey!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
Hey!!

I have a feeling they will be some changes to "where" they are located after Dalton !

It will interesting to see if all of Treesaws training will pay off, or if stuntmatty's girl can steal the glory of fastest female monkey!!
I certainly hope it does. I am really training for Pats Peak though, so we'll see how I fare ;)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
Hey!!

I'll bring the RM cup. But you are gonna have to earn it :devil:

I have no control over what happens to the Fastest Female trophy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I plan on adding a special little something into the fastest lap trophy, hopefully it will help motivate someone to take it off my hands.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
It looks like each team has some strong riders on it........it will be cool to see who stepped up their game a notch this year -

Team nOOb has 3 dudes that are unkowns to me, are they slow or fast ringers???

And it may come down to which team has the least amount of problems (mechanicals, tranisitions, etc)

No matter what, it will be exciting & FUN!! :D

Team 4 s and a Baboon: Iarebaboon, Splat, MMcG, Jollytime, & Douglas

Team Ass Balancers: Stuntmatty, Instigator, greasey monkey, Sorgie and Stuntmatty's chick

Team nOOb: McGRP01, Goddy43 & 3 friends

Team Jackalope: ECHO, TreeSaw, Tweek, Sq-earl & Crashby

Team Westy: Solo
!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah it's gonna be awesome. It sounds like just about everyone has dramatically improved since last year. I plan on getting my ass kicked at every corner by all you racers!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Yeah it's gonna be awesome. It sounds like just about everyone has dramatically improved since last year. I plan on getting my ass kicked at every corner by all you racers!

Translated:
Echo said:
I'm gonna rip all your pathetic little legs off.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Translated:
Translated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
I'm gonna rip all your pathetic little legs off.

:devil:

yeah, thats how I read it too

I'd be pretty pysched to see ECHO out on the course - be cool to see if I can hang on his wheel

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Hi there fellow bikers!!!

Haven't been around much lately. I have been in the middle of remodeling my kitchen and doing some landscaping. I started riding a couple of weeks ago, so I should be on track to be equal in fitness to last year. Obviously I won't be winning any fast lap times, but I am looking forward to having a good time with everyone.

nothing much else to report at this time. see you all in 9 or 10 days.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
I'd be pretty pysched to see ECHO out on the course - be cool to see if I can hang on his wheel
It would be awesome to see any of the monkey gang on course! Last year at Dalton I didn't see anyone I knew. But at Old Pueblo I was seeing people I knew on course every lap. That was fun :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
It would be awesome to see any of the monkey gang on course! Last year at Dalton I didn't see anyone I knew. But at Old Pueblo I was seeing people I knew on course every lap. That was fun :thumb:
no doubt - I hope to see a :monkey: on the course every lap

the only :monkey: I saw last year was on my last lap - Isabel(sp?) on the pipeline climb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The only :monkey: I saw on a lap last year was Tweek, and it was at the start of a lap while he was pulled over with a mechanical. I fully expected him to blow by my pokey ass not too far into the lap, but I guess his mechanical issue was pretty serious.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BTW, I am not experiencing butterflies in my stomach when I think about the race this year (I was last year), so there is some hope that I won't spend half the weekend on the crapper. :)

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
Echo said:

I'm sure I'll blow by you a couple time's :devil: