Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Calling all Ridemonkeys

I am extending the hospitality of our campfire cooker to any and all for the purpose of a Pot Luck Pizza Party on Saturday night. Please bring your pizza makings over to our cooker and also share some of ours. I can help you pick out the right premade crusts to use on the fire, and then you just top it and toast it. Those who got to taste last years pies will attest to the culinary treet a true wood fired pizza is.

So let me know if you would like to come over. Any time is good. Just park your bikes next to the gremlin's,,....um i mean the elves tent.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I'm so damn jealous of you all right now. My only consolation is that I'll be in Bend riding sweet singletrack next week.

I'm not even sure where my loyalty lies. Do I root for my old team mates on the Ass Balancers, or my bro on the Jackalopes?? I guess I'm hoping both team kick ass.

splat

Nam I am
justbill said:
Calling all Ridemonkeys

I am extending the hospitality of our campfire cooker to any and all for the purpose of a Pot Luck Pizza Party on Saturday night. Please bring your pizza makings over to our cooker and also share some of ours. I can help you pick out the right premade crusts to use on the fire, and then you just top it and toast it. Those who got to taste last years pies will attest to the culinary treet a true wood fired pizza is.

So let me know if you would like to come over. Any time is good. Just park your bikes next to the gremlin's,,....um i mean the elves tent.

those pizza's were Sooooooooooooo :drool: good! and at 3am holding them ove r the fire with a knife to re-heat them they were still awesome!

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
justbill said:
Calling all Ridemonkeys

Pizza Yum. For some reason I thought we couldn't have open fires? Or I am misunderstanding something?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
FYI:

This year Adrenaline is not having the local dudes (who put on the wednesday races) help with the 24, so the latest word is next wednesdays race will not be the 24 course

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
H.O.H.'s order:

McGRP01
???
???
???
???

:think:

We have a team meeting on Friday to work all that kinda stuff out. :)
I was thinking, that since it looks like douglas is going 2nd for his team, I want to go second on our team, maybe I can repay him for passing me in the race last sunday. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Goddy43 said:
I was thinking, that since it looks like douglas is going 2nd for his team, I want to go second on our team, maybe I can repay him for passing me in the race last sunday. :D
Nice! :thumb:

H.O.H.'s order:

McGRP01
Goddy43
??? (Rob?)
??? (Jim?)
??? (Richie?)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Goddy43 said:
Anyone know what the deail is with campsite A23? It just says reserved.
I Are Baboon said:
It is possible that's from my request for a 2nd site. They told me they would try their best to help me out.
Turns out site 23 is for us, but we are still trying to decide whether or not to pony up the $50 for the extra space.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
Turns out site 23 is for us, but we are still trying to decide whether or not to pony up the $50 for the extra space.
Could we potentially share the site and split the $50 between teams? I don't know if anyones interested but I wanted to throw it out....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Goddy43 said:
Could we potentially share the site and split the $50 between teams? I don't know if anyones interested but I wanted to throw it out....
You'll have to convice my teammates. Looks like we are probably going to cancel our request.

(damn pain in the asses :nuts: )

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Goddy43 said:

by the way, keep checking your rear view mirror for something that looks like this that will be coming up FAST !! ha-ha

[/

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
by the way, keep checking your rear view mirror for something that looks like this that will be coming up FAST !! ha-ha

[/

Is this your way of saying McGRP01 is going to be faster than Me on that first lap ? I don't think soo!!!!!

SO I think you should just Post a Pic of your ass ( getting smaller in the distance and then dissapearing ) cause that is all he is ever going to see of you ! He won't even get the luxury of seeing you behind him !

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
I'm so damn jealous of you all right now. My only consolation is that I'll be in Bend riding sweet singletrack next week.

I'm not even sure where my loyalty lies. Do I root for my old team mates on the Ass Balancers, or my bro on the Jackalopes?? I guess I'm hoping both team kick ass.
My main goal is to beat your best lap time from last year. Wish you could be there man :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
You'll have to convice my teammates. Looks like we are probably going to cancel our request.

(damn pain in the asses :nuts: )
Well if grabbing that extra site could help both teams and we all shared in the costs then I'd be down with it - if it gives much needed space for Team HOH and some extra room for the 4 Monkeys and a Baboon crew.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Is this your way of saying McGRP01 is going to be faster than Me on that first lap ? I don't think soo!!!!!

SO I think you should just Post a Pic of your ass ( getting smaller in the distance and then dissapearing ) cause that is all he is ever going to see of you ! He won't even get the luxury of seeing you behind him !

good point, but can you keep up w/ Sq-Earl (he's one fast mofo)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
My main goal is to beat your best lap time from last year. Wish you could be there man :thumb:
I think everyone should post what their realistic goals are for this year.

I have two goals:
-Do one sub-1:00 lap.
-Average 1:15 or better (last year I averaged 1:18)

I don't have any goals against anyone else because there are few racers I am faster than, but my two goals would ultimately help the team.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Since I didn't race last year, I'm really going in with no expectations. I know I haven't been feeling all that well about my riding lately, so I guess my 3 goals are:

1.) To meet and get a chance to hang with all you :monkey: 's
2.) To have fun!
3.) Survive!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
I think everyone should post what their realistic goals are for this year.

I have two goals:
-Do one sub-1:00 lap.
-Average 1:15 or better (last year I averaged 1:18)

I don't have any goals against anyone else because there are few racers I am faster than, but my two goals would ultimately help the team.

I thought one of yours would be to stay on course :o:

my goals:

-have fun
-not be slower than last year

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Since I didn't race last year, I'm really going in with no expectations. I know I haven't been feeling all that well about my riding lately, so I guess my 3 goals are:

1.) To meet and get a chance to hang with all you :monkey: 's
2.) To have fun!
3.) Survive!!
Those was pretty much our goals last year. Those, and "Don't finish last." Atfer your first 24 hour race, you'll have something to build on. :)

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
douglas said:

[/
ha-ha, I was going to ask if you had seen those yet, I got hosed and didn't get in any shots, oh well.