Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline - Hurkey Creek

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wow - what a weekend.

My team (Team Hammer SoCal) raced this weekend as defending champions of the co-ed division. We ended up doing 28 laps (one more lap than last year). We got the second most laps of any team out there (over 200 teams)!! We were second only to the West Coast Trek Factory team who smoked!

Good news, and I know this may sound like bragging, but I am damn proud! I got the fastest day lap of any female out there, and the fastest night lap of any female out there too! For those two accomplishments I won a Mavic Speedcity Wheelset, and the ultra tough Master Link cuff bike lock!

Even more impressive to me is that I was able to keep my laps pretty consistent..even my night laps! 6 laps, 60 miles, and 8100' of climbing.

Thanks to my teammates who kept me entertained and motviated, thanks to our Team Manager, and our volunteers. Everyone did such a good job - they were phenomenal!!! It was an awesome event!!

Here I am getting my wheelset for the fastest day lap:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Impressive yet again Heidi! :thumb:

Watch out though, one of these times you'll have to race the formidable team of Echo and Ghostrider :D :rolleyes:

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
WoW! Congrats Heidi! You are my idol!

So what was your team name? My first 24 hr race is coming up and we have no name yet. Any ideas??

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Um...well a few days late but... congratulations!!!

Not only did I miss this thread when posted, I couldn't even find it when I went looking for it. I could be stupid. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Something this cool should be X poted to the lounge for maximum exposure. :thumb: