Quantcast

24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch II - Oct. 28-29

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Please visit http://www.ridesb.com/24hourschamberlin_2.htm to get the low down on this really cool 2nd year 24 Hour race in the Santa Ynez Valley. The date is October 28-29, 2006.

ask anybody who has ever done one of my events and they'll tell ya that there a blast! The 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch II is sure to pick up where last years left off and be a lot of fun. Everyone gets a shirt and swag bag. We'll be showing movies all night around a big bon-fire too!

The entry form is at http://www.ridesb.com/24hourschamberlin_2.htm and is printable from there. There will be hot showers and a BBQ pit going for the duration.

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker - Owner
SG Productions :drool:

Gambo

Monkey
Hey everyone we will be having another trail work and pre-ride this Saturday at the 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch course outside of Los Olivos.

The deal is 7:30 to 11 AM we do minor/light trail groomimg, then we do a lap. The date is Saturday Oct. 7th. We meet at the gate off of Zaca Station Road that leads into the race venue area.

Also we are on line to get nearly double the racers that we had in our first year. It's not too late to get in on the fun! Race date is Oct. 28-29, and we will be accepting reg up to 10 AM race day, that's one hour before race start! Get your 2, 4, 5, or 10 person team together now, or race SOLO!

All the info is at www.ridesb.com.

Later,

More info and pics here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=222261

Gambo

Monkey
I am Patrick Branch. I like most all sports and hobbies that involve things like wheels, boards, leaving the ground and especially dirt.

I have always done individual (as opposed to team) sports. I began mountain biking when I was almost 7. My first mountain bike was a
Gary Fisher Tyro ridgid bike with 24 inch wheels that I got for Christmas. When living in Los Angeles, I climbed the trails and fireroads of Cherry Canyon on it almost every day after school. Once I got to the usual turn-around point near the top, I turned around and pinned it back down (occasionally front flipping in the sandy water bars). Now, I race downhill and ride as much as possible. At around age 9, I got into skateboarding. Ever since learning to ollie, I have been learning new tricks and then trying them on and off
different things. I also inlined for a while, but haven't in a long time. One winter, when I was ten, my parents got me a snowboard. After first learning the basics (3 days of lessons at Mammoth Mtn, CA), I gradually figured it out. The first trick I learned off a jump was a melon grab. I am decent in terrain parks but, I prefer riding through powder and trees; finding natural stuff to ride and jump off. I love doing theses sports just as much I love shooting them.

I have almost always been into art; I was probably 3 or 4 when I started drawing. I like to draw things like cars, trucks, bikes and landscapes with a variety of mediums (pastels, pen/pencil, water color, acrylic, computers, and oil paint). Before I was 10, I discovered my interest in photography after watching my grandfather shooting landscapes. The first camera that I used frequently was a Nikon coolpix 900. Later, I bought a 35mm slr camera, a Canon Rebel G. I used this for just over a year and really got into photography. I learned a lot with this camera. Now, I have a digital slr that I use a lot, probably too much.

Hmmm?!?!? Am I at the wrong site? Sounds like a dating site. LOL

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just put it there (a less active forum) for a few min. to get feedback on it (its for my site). I couldn't paste the whole thing, so I just gave the person a link to the post.

Sorry, I forgot to delete it.