Quantcast

24 hours of Dalton

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
What was that stuff you used, anyway? I only remember it's made by the same people that make E-caps.
Oh I thought you were talking about my recovery beer. I drank Sustained Energy, made by the E-caps/Powergel folks. It is similar to other stuff like Accelerade but it contains no simple sugars.

Simple sugars can wreak havoc on your performance. It can spike your insulin levels, which deprives your muscles of energy. Mainly for me the sweet drinks cause digestive problems, and that is a major issue when you are trying to consume 10,000 calories in a 24 hour period. The main drawback to the stuff is that it is very bland, think watered down skim milk.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
rain, pffft - bring it..........I love racing in the rain & mud, seems it either makes me ride faster and/or makes everyone else ride slower

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Nice travel a few thousand miles for the same conditions I have at home. Hopefully the desert doesn't turn into wet cement like it does here.
Racing in the desert will be better with some rain. Puts a damper on the rest of the weekend, though, so to speak.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I'll be there with my SS 26/24 dirtjumping leadsled of a bike and will probably get owned unless I finish the payments on my new bike, which I'll use for Dalton then.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Tweek and I just went on a training ride... the trails were wet due to all the rain lately, so we did 30 min of hill repeats near his house, then hit the canal path. We rode hard and put in 25 miles at 16.6 mph average. For not having ridden that much this season, Tweek is fast.... :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
the trainer has been put in the "to go" area, along with my tools, and lots of spare bike parts!
Dude I thought I waited until the last minute to train for the race, I did my training ride last night. But you guys are hard CORE for doing your training at the race site.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Dude I thought I waited until the last minute to train for the race, I did my training ride last night. But you guys are hard CORE for doing your training at the race site.
true, but I jut found out its better to train repeatedly the prior weeks, even months before a race- so I guess our train on race day plan was not the way to go :think:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
true, but I jut found out its better to train repeatedly the prior weeks, even months before a race- so I guess our train on race day plan was not the way to go :think:
Dang. I kept making fun of greasey monkey when he was out training his ass off, he had some crazy idea that it would make him faster :p