Quantcast

24 hours of great glenn

2chains

Chimp
Jul 9, 2004
Anyone here heading to the 24 hours of great glenn this year? It is located at the base of M. Washington in New Hampshire on the weekend of Aug. 14-15. This will be my first 24 hr. event and I think we have a good 4 person team.

2chains

Chimp
Jul 9, 2004
Appreciate your offer but I'm shelling out a fair amount of change allready between lights, extra gear and registration.
Our team is made up of:
(1) Cat 2 road racer (every weekend) with so I,m told also has a good backround in mountain biking (age 21). He also raced in the pro-cyclocross nationals in france.
This guy should be our ringer. We have unanimously picked him to lead off our lemann's start.
(1) Roadie (mostly) that tends to ride 80 -100 miles a week. He has ridden in one 24 hour event as part of a team of four. I did ride mt. bikes with him last weekend and he is pretty good (I rate his skill and speed @ 7 on a 1-10 scale). I also spent a fair amount of time road riding with him. Good climbing speed while standing but still needs to work on endurance and power. His average road speed over a 40-50 mile ride tends to be around 18 mph
(1) XC mountain biker only with about 10 yrs. experience. He has good energy and pretty good skills in the technical and decent areas. But lacks true power for the climbs. Problem is he tends to crash a lot with usually some kind of mechanical problems resulting.
The last guy is myself. My XC mountain bike history goes back about 8-9 yrs. I have raced about a half dozen times. This year I bought a new road bike and have been spending a lot of time riding average speed over 100 miles - 18.6mph. I have been riding between 100-175 miles a week (since april) on my road bike or my giant spinning trainer to get my legs and lungs ready for a kick ass season.
Looking forward to having a good time at this event and I am already thinking about the next one.
There is a 24 hour mt. bike race in Ashford Conn. the weekend of Sept. 11-12. Thinking about going it solo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
2chains said:
Appreciate your offer but I'm shelling out a fair amount of change allready between lights, extra gear and registration.
Our team is made up of:
(1) Cat 2 road racer (every weekend) with so I,m told also has a good backround in mountain biking (age 21). He also raced in the pro-cyclocross nationals in france.
This guy should be our ringer. We have unanimously picked him to lead off our lemann's start.
(1) Roadie (mostly) that tends to ride 80 -100 miles a week. He has ridden in one 24 hour event as part of a team of four. I did ride mt. bikes with him last weekend and he is pretty good (I rate his skill and speed @ 7 on a 1-10 scale). I also spent a fair amount of time road riding with him. Good climbing speed while standing but still needs to work on endurance and power. His average road speed over a 40-50 mile ride tends to be around 18 mph
(1) XC mountain biker only with about 10 yrs. experience. He has good energy and pretty good skills in the technical and decent areas. But lacks true power for the climbs. Problem is he tends to crash a lot with usually some kind of mechanical problems resulting.
The last guy is myself. My XC mountain bike history goes back about 8-9 yrs. I have raced about a half dozen times. This year I bought a new road bike and have been spending a lot of time riding average speed over 100 miles - 18.6mph. I have been riding between 100-175 miles a week (since april) on my road bike or my giant spinning trainer to get my legs and lungs ready for a kick ass season.
Looking forward to having a good time at this event and I am already thinking about the next one.
There is a 24 hour mt. bike race in Ashford Conn. the weekend of Sept. 11-12. Thinking about going it solo.
Can you PM me with details about the 24 hour race in Ashford, CT????

That could be doable for the 4 Monkeys and a Baboon team! Two of us are in CT, and one other guy is in Mass but not too far a drive from Ashford.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Can you PM me with details about the 24 hour race in Ashford, CT????

That could be doable for the 4 Monkeys and a Baboon team! Two of us are in CT, and one other guy is in Mass but not too far a drive from Ashford.
Holmes, we're moving into the house the end of August. I can not commit to a 24 hour race at this point in time.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I'll be racing at GG this year as well.

Anybody want to join a 4 man sport team?

One of our riders had his first child and is backing out.

We already registered, so it would be the cheaper price, campsite included, we have a great cook who is on his second tour at the event. Can car pool from the seacoast of NH.

Let me know

Dan
dcook@phoenixcontrols.com
603-944-1633

2chains

Chimp
Jul 9, 2004
Went out to Snipsit State forest in Ct. last weekend for a fast 2 hr. ride with my
"team ringer". Man can this kid climb hills fast. Usually it's me pounding the crap out of the other riders, but now it's me that's taking the beating on long climbs! Fortunately my speed on technical flats and rolling areas make up for most of it. We only stopped a couple of times to fix flat tires (one for each of us). Strange enough I almost always sit and spin faster gears up long hills but this kid almost always stands and powers up with bigger gears. I blew a couple of teeth off my middle ring early in the ride so I had to ride my small chainring most of the time. This kid doesn't even have a small chain ring on his bike (he took it off cause he doesn't use it) You ever heard of anything like that before?