Quantcast

24 hours of Pats Peak (long report w/pics)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
Maybe she was...her, Wiley & Rich wanted to quit at midnight and go back the Holiday Inn Express, but Matty & me said we were not quitting, and if need be the 2 of us would just keeping riding by ourselves (but thank god we didnt have to!)
:eek: Heather didn't want to keep riding...she really must be getting burned out ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
:eek: Heather didn't want to keep riding...she really must be getting burned out ;)

I dont think it was a burned out thing.......I dont think you really can understand how bad the humidity was unless you actually were there

dont forget, She trains for the long/endurance stuff at a steady pace and not maxing out her HR, at pats peak she had to go real hard each lap, then have a much longer rest than normal, then have to go back out and go real hard again......not her thing but she defintely rocked

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
I dont think it was a burned out thing.......I dont think you really can understand how bad the humidity was unless you actually were there

dont forget, She trains for the long/endurance stuff at a steady pace and not maxing out her HR, at pats peak she had to go real hard each lap, then have a much longer rest than normal, then have to go back out and go real hard again......not her thing but she defintely rocked
I was joking about the burned out thing. I was actually quite surprised she did the team thing because of her training and love of long endurance stuff. That's the one thing about team racing that's REALLY hard for me....go-go-go and max out the HR and then rest for a while just to do it all again. I think I would fare better with a steady pace for a long period of time.