Quantcast

24 hours of Phoenix

Yeti_Rider

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego, CA
That event will get more participation in future years. Since this was the first year of the event and it wasn't announced until only a few months ago maybe people just didn't really know it was there or couldn't plan enough to make it. The turnout was fairly low.

One other reason and I already suggested it to Tri-Life was that the AZ event is only two weeks before Laguna Seca and being in Southern CA it's possible to hit both events if they weren't so close together. My team and I already committed to Laguna Seca so we just couldn't manage two events two weeks apart. I understand that Tri-Life needs to do it in the spring or fall so that it's not inferno hot during the race but I think they didn't consider the scheduling as best they could.

We'll see what happens next year.

Michael

junebug

Chimp
Feb 23, 2002
SoCal
another reason for the low turnout was it was the same weekend as the Az. state series race and a 24 hour adventure race at Lake Pleasant.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Originally posted by junebug
another reason for the low turnout was it was the same weekend as the Az. state series race and a 24 hour adventure race at Lake Pleasant.
Which one did you do? Plus, are you going to Big Bear this weekend?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I rode the course, it isn't bad...nothing really technical - would be IDEAL for a soloist.