Quantcast

24 Hours of Soldier Hollow - Utah 2005

Rockhound

Chimp
Apr 27, 2005
Charleston, SC
Greetings...

Registration will be opening soon for the second annual 24 Hours of Soldier Hollow in Midway Utah, about 20 miles south of Park City. The race will be held September 10th and 11th, and will begin at 12 noon. We will soon be sanctioned by AMTRI and will have all the same categories as the current AMTRI races. Please feel free to check out the website for more information http://www.24hoursofsoldierhollow.com.

Last years race was a great success we were able to give away several high end bike components including a full-suspension frame and a cruiser bike.

Thanks,

John aka "Rockhound"

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
With the AMTRI sanction, are you going to exclude Junior solo racers?

Not like it will matter for me this year...I turn 18 the week before.

Rockhound

Chimp
Apr 27, 2005
Charleston, SC
We may not be looking at the sanctioning for this year because we had several junior racers from last year and would like to include them this year. There are still several decisions to make for this to happen.

We had no problem with the junior riders last year, in fact it was great to have the ones that we did, it made the race much more exciting. These riders are capable of some great endurance.

Look forward to seeing you at the race.

John

JimmyLeg

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
I am very interested in this race but am unfamiliar w/ Soldier Hollow. Can you give any more detail regarding the course (distance, total climb, etc)?
Thanks.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I was one of the Juniors that raced it last year solo...It's a tough course, starts off with a mild to tough singletrack climb followed by a mild dirt road climb followed by a shorter singletrack climb, then dropping into a hellish (Read: Abusive and long) descent that will sap more energy in the night than the climbs seemed to...It then eased back into another dirt road climb, followed by a quick, smooth singletrack descent back to the pits.