Quantcast

24 hrs of snowshoe

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
Hm.. Canada.. I really would love to, but i don't think I would be able to caugh up the travel costs. Where in canada are we talking about?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Gyro maybe nrs can take you? or you could just ride up here? Well if you look at Heidis post in this forum about 2003 tri life 24 hour races it show 2 or 3 in Ontario. Ontario doesn't have the best riding though i look for some other ones.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
May 31-June 1: Glen Mountain Park, Quebec
June 14-15: Kelso Conservation Area, Milton, Ontario
August 16-17: Hardwood Hills, Barrie, Ontario

These are the tri life ones the one in Barrie Ontario is the largest 24 hours in the world but i think the one in glen mountain would have better trails cause ontario doesn't have real mountains like Quebec.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by Gyro
Hm.. Canada.. I really would love to, but i don't think I would be able to caugh up the travel costs. Where in canada are we talking about?
Yeah my parents said the same thing about travel costs

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by JMAC
Gyro maybe nrs can take you? or you could just ride up here? Well if you look at Heidis post in this forum about 2003 tri life 24 hour races it show 2 or 3 in Ontario. Ontario doesn't have the best riding though i look for some other ones.
We'd be really stretching it.
Chevy astro without 2nd bench seat, all wheels off to squeeze them in + extra wheelset= 10 wheels, plus all the parts but a frame to make another bike for backup parts, plus stand, tools, and luggage, and food, but we could if we had to.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
well.. if BigPapa1080 is back in... I vote that he and NRSracer should be captain/ co-captain. They started the team.
Sweet, unless you or JMAC wanna do it.

BTW, are we staying w/snowshoe or no?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Sorry it took so long i've been busy anyways. Ya Nrs can be team capatain if he has to it's proble better that way. As long as i get to run at the beggining.

I 'd rather have the race at the one in Hardwood hills cause it looks way better and we don't have to be terrified of the WEST VIGINIAN freaks:D but my parents still seem to say it's ok to go to west virgina but i don't like the looks of the place.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by NRSracer
Sounds good!:monkey:

Here's what i think im gonna do for lights:
Performance viewpoint and viewpoint helmet, and buy 2 extra batteries.
I don't know what i'm doing for lights yet i have other things i have to get first. I still think i'm getting the Marwi Elite helmet light and not sure what for the bar yet.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Sorry it took so long i've been busy anyways. Ya Nrs can be team capatain if he has to it's proble better that way. As long as i get to run at the beggining.

I 'd rather have the race at the one in Hardwood hills cause it looks way better and we don't have to be terrified of the WEST VIGINIAN freaks:D but my parents still seem to say it's ok to go to west virgina but i don't like the looks of the place.
The area around Snowshoe isn't real rednecky. The Slatyfork/Pocohontas County area is a hotbed for outdoor activity. Anyplace other than the Showshoe area in West Virginia......well, just don't wear spandex and go into a "fillin' station", someone might think you gots a purty mouf. It DOES get pretty backwards in selected areas.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
The area around Snowshoe isn't real rednecky. The Slatyfork/Pocohontas County area is a hotbed for outdoor activity. Anyplace other than the Showshoe area in West Virginia......well, just don't wear spandex and go into a "fillin' station", someone might think you gots a purty mouf. It DOES get pretty backwards in selected areas.
Yeah, there is no need to worry about rednecks. I've never ridden at snowshoe, but I've been to the New river gorge, and rednecks weren't a problem at all. Plus, at snowshoe, people who don't ride will be a minority :):D .

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Yeah, there is no need to worry about rednecks. I've never ridden at snowshoe, but I've been to the New river gorge, and rednecks weren't a problem at all. Plus, at snowshoe, people who don't ride will be a minority :):D .

minority don't mean shiet when they got shot guns lol. so if they roll up on you and run off the side of the road n stop you and say "boi you must be one of dem queers n that mouf is loocin a lil dri dere ..... loocs like it kould use some moistentin up" you ain't gonna be able to do anything cept squeal like a pig LMAO

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
speaking of lights

i just got a mawri elite pro and was impressed with it. I has a very wide bright beam. however it does not shine very far. it worked great as a helmet light paired with my friends 3 year old nightrider on the bars wich had a much more spotlight like bulb which would illuminate the trail farther ahead.

all and all it is a great light for short range but i feel it needs to be paired with a longer distance light on the bars to be effective.

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
dude whats wrong with rednecks. besides mountain biking i also 4wheel and rockcrawl. most people you see and think "redneck" are really cool. shoot my uncle u would think is a redneck because he owns a gun shop and hunts alot. however he is also extremely educated and can talk about topics above most peoples head. dont make assumtions on outward appearances.

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I don't know about this race it seems risky with all those rednecks.:(
Risky? What are you worried about?

There are THOUSANDS of people @ Snowshoe for the 24 hour race. What do you really think they're gonna do to you? Make you eat deer meat? Make you drink moonshine? We ride the Snowshoe/Pocohantas County/Slatyfork area all the time, we've never been harrassed ONCE. We have however, met dudes on 4-wheelers that had coolers and they hooked us up with some brew.

Know what my worst Snowshoe experience was? Being a little too drunk to ride my morning lap. That's about as risky as it gets folks. I'd be more nervous driving through NYC.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta

There are THOUSANDS of people @ Snowshoe for the 24 hour race. What do you really think they're gonna do to you? Make you eat deer meat? Make you drink moonshine? We ride the Snowshoe/Pocohantas County/Slatyfork area all the time, we've never been harrassed ONCE. We have however, met dudes on 4-wheelers that had coolers and they hooked us up with some brew.

Know what my worst Snowshoe experience was? Being a little too drunk to ride my morning lap. That's about as risky as it gets folks. I'd be more nervous driving through NYC.
you have to realize that he is a scared canadian and simply doesn't know any better...... ;)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002

Oh i love deer meat and moonshine does this make me a redneck?

:confused:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the only thing you'll have to worry about is something i sure as hell didn't bother to think about........but don't eat at the hotel resturant that is at the bottom of the mtn. we ate there one morning b/c we were staying there and this really redneck lady that was our waitress told us "why don't you two come back up here to the bar when i'm working later" boooooy you better believe i didn't go back, that was awful....so like i siad stayyyyyyyyyy away.

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by indieboy
the only thing you'll have to worry about is something i sure as hell didn't bother to think about........but don't eat at the hotel resturant that is at the bottom of the mtn. we ate there one morning b/c we were staying there and this really redneck lady that was our waitress told us "why don't you two come back up here to the bar when i'm working later" boooooy you better believe i didn't go back, that was awful....so like i siad stayyyyyyyyyy away.
Creepy. I can actually picture the lady your talking about, and I hope, for your sake, it wasn't the one I'm thinking it is.

That place has a KILLER breakfast buffet.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Creepy. I can actually picture the lady your talking about, and I hope, for your sake, it wasn't the one I'm thinking it is.

That place has a KILLER breakfast buffet.
it was the place instead the hotel, it had like a pool next to it. the breakfast i had their BLEW. i was actually pretty upset w/ the entire meal i had there. and yes it was creep, VERY creepy. w/ that situation and the awful food i had i can tel lyou that i didn't go back to that place for another meal or to pull friends of mine who curiously wondered in there out.......

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Hopefully my mum can get one of her best friends to come she lives in VA and she's an awsome cook.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Hopefully my mum can get one of her best friends to come she lives in VA and she's an awsome cook.
sweet.

if she can't come, i can make omlettes. That's all i can make though cause that's what they taught me at work.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
registration is now open.

it's 125 a person, unless JMAC worked something out with his bike shop.

Team name is Team Ridemonkey right?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ah damn so you guys still wanna do that race? I want to do it but the World Cup at St-Anne is the same weekend and it's alot closer. I really wanna do the world cup but i also want to do 24 hours.:(

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Ah damn so you guys still wanna do that race? I want to do it but the World Cup at St-Anne is the same weekend and it's alot closer. I really wanna do the world cup but i also want to do 24 hours.:(
sorry to say this guys but if i were in Jmac's shoes i'd be going to mount saint anne......that race is cool as hell!!!

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
sorry, my parents said they can't pay for the travel costs.

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
yeah, that race is hella expensive. I guess i hadn't quite thought about just how much it was going to cost. lights+fee+travel+campsite fees, that was going to be a real expensive for 2 days...

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by NRSracer
oops, that was supposed to be the holiday farm one, in dalton massachusettes(sp?)
that race was pretty cool. it's literally on a farm, and you are campin n shiet out in this farmers field behind his house where the course is.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
24 Hours of Adrenalin also only requires that we have 2 lights per team with extra batteries, and the lights only have to be 6 watt.
we would also get free gatorade, clif bars/shots, free mavic tech support, pasta party and corn roast, a t-shirt, and movies.

btw, entry for the 24 hrs of adrenalin is 12.50 more per person than granny gear.