Quantcast

24 inch bike for my son suggestions

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I found an old Specialized geared 24" bike Hotrock I think off Craigslist for $100. Fork was garbage, but easy to swap for a short travel 26" fork.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
lol Westy is the hipster. Vintage Volvo, dog owner, vintage bike rider and I am sure he only drinks craft beer.
I enjoy a good craft but mostly drink the cheap stuff as it is easier on my head and wallet. If I am a hipster I could at least claim to have done so before it was cool, at least in Barboursville Va. Don't know if the bike can be called vintage, 2008. I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
back on subject, look for a cheap hotrock. We got one - still running the crappy fork but he doesn't seem to mind:

PS, cheap cost of living & good trail access up here!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can't believe that there isn't a strong used market for good kids bikes. They certainly grow out of them well before they wear them out.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think the biggest kids bike market are super crappy cheap bikes and if left outside turn to rust quickly. Also a lot of people just don't care and sell them for nothing locally. NYC is not a big kids bike area. Like his 20" we bought off the people upstairs for 50 Dollars.