Quantcast

24/26" Kids Bikes Currently Available - 2021

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Recommendations on any decent/nice 20” bikes that are in stock? Would prefer rigid, single speed… but clearly understand the times we live in. Everything I’ve found is sold out. Have inquired on a few used bikes, and waiting to hear back.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just throwing this out there for the breeders....

If you need any 26" tires or wheels hit me up. Ive got tons and both hate throwing functional things away, and equally hat dealing with people

yall are okay though
I need rubber. :busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dammit. just got a new dhr rear for the kiddo's overforked and mulleted tracer...
Dude, drop the fork travel. I did it for Haley's 24" and it made a difference. Still had a real fork, but better-ish angles. Keep it mulleted, but steepen the front. Ends up with good balance, but lower.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
BTR put up a post on FB asking if people would be willing to pay 500 Pounds for a kid's frame, they were looking at doing a batch.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
*unzips wallet*

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
while i can't speak for treesaw, i'm loosely looking for something with a 135x10 bolt on rear hub, 6 bolt disc. ideally would have a matching 20mm non boost front wheel. trying to get my old slalom bike up and running.
Let me dig around

May have some combo of useable rim and hub if not a wheel

I DO have an old 36 spoke front 20mm dh wheel that's heavy that you can have

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I added to my post but I do have a heavy complete wheel from a dh bike you can have for shipping.
no offense, but i'd probably harvest the front hub from an old azonic outlaw wheel i have somewhere. now that i think about it, that's not a half bad idea.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
no offense, but i'd probably harvest the front hub from an old azonic outlaw wheel i have somewhere. now that i think about it, that's not a half bad idea.
It's about the equivalent

I've got some WTB i23 rims if you need any hoops

But yeah if you can recycle some bits go for it. Just let me know if you change your mind. It IS a complete wheel you don't have to build.

I'll look for anything else too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's about the equivalent

I've got some WTB i23 rims if you need any hoops

But yeah if you can recycle some bits go for it. Just let me know if you change your mind. It IS a complete wheel you don't have to build.

I'll look for anything else too.
i'll keep that in mind, thanks. hardest thing to find is definitely proving to be the rear hub. frame has horizontal dropouts. you wouldn't happen to have any 26" holy rollers?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dammit. just got a new dhr rear for the kiddo's overforked and mulleted tracer...
Second comment on this... Is he actually getting full use of the travel? Like I mentioned earlier, a rebuild to drop travel, then use lighter weight oil to adjust down to is weight, should make it ripper for him.

And which fork? If an older Fox Float 32, I have some travel spacers I can send you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Second comment on this... Is he actually getting full use of the travel? Like I mentioned earlier, a rebuild to drop travel, then use lighter weight oil to adjust down to is weight, should make it ripper for him.

And which fork? If an older Fox Float 32, I have some travel spacers I can send you.
if its an older tracer, probably to improve the geometry.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
lol. it's a 2013 tracer. so it's compact compared to today's bikes. wish the standover/seat mast was a bit lower. same with bottom bracket. it has a 170 36 that i could/should probably drop to 160 next time i do a service. neither the fork nor the air shock has a band so not sure of travel use, but i set pressures as close as i could estimate based on extrapolated numbers. kid only weighs 85# so it's tough. but he rides it on everything from backcountry gnurz to lift served greens and blues to local crap.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
lol. it's a 2013 tracer. so it's compact compared to today's bikes. wish the standover/seat mast was a bit lower. same with bottom bracket. it has a 170 36 that i could/should probably drop to 160 next time i do a service. neither the fork nor the air shock has a band so not sure of travel use, but i set pressures as close as i could estimate based on extrapolated numbers. kid only weighs 85# so it's tough. but he rides it on everything from backcountry gnurz to lift served greens and blues to local crap.
Dude. Zip ties.

Drop the fork down for better stand over. Try 5wt oil vs. Fox 7wt. It should make a huge difference at that weight. And if the angles are all funky with the mullet/now lowered fork, get an angle adjust shock bushing. They're like $50 and you can get your angles under control while dialing in everything else.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dropper post was a huge add-on. Haley bumped up really fast when she got it.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Ended up getting my little guy a Jamis Komodo 24 for his 6th birthday gift. I found a great deal on a Cannondale Cujo, but shipping was looking unreal for delivery ahead of his birthday. The local LBS chain had the Komodo's at under MSRP at $500, which was at the high end of the wife's budget ask. We picked it up yesterday. Bike looks well thought out and definitely qualifies as a 'real' kids mountain bike and will be something that we can upgrade around if he continues to be interested in riding.