Quantcast

24" Knobbies for my cruiser.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Does anyone know of some knobbies that I could put on my cruiser for riding mtb trails and such? I need some tires that will give me some traction while trailriding on my cruiser, but they can't be bigger than 2.0" in front and 1.9/2.0" in back to fit in my frame.

I've been considering Comp III's but they only come in too narrow and too wide as far as I know, and I'd like something with a more mtb tread pattern.

knucklebutt

Chimp
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by Mudpuppy
Does anyone know of some knobbies that I could put on my cruiser for riding mtb trails and such? I need some tires that will give me some traction while trailriding on my cruiser, but they can't be bigger than 2.0" in front and 1.9/2.0" in back to fit in my frame.
I've been considering Comp III's but they only come in too narrow and too wide as far as I know, and I'd like something with a more mtb tread pattern.
Try the maxxis maxx daddy (1.85) on the rear and S&M trackmark on the front (2.125). No reason not to run the 2.125 on the front if you just plan to trail ride and jump.

www.danscomp.com has many tires to choose from.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
id definitely go with those max daddys...theyre uber nice...hook up real well

mutasmurf

Chimp
Feb 16, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Try your local Walmart. I got a nice 2.1 tire from Bell that has a fairly decent sidewall and thread for only 7 bux. They might have smaller sized tires that you're looking for.