Quantcast

24" on a 26"?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
my buddy used to have it on an older p3, and now im running 24"s on my le toy...
i love it for jibbin'...not too great for the trails, but still very rideable.
are you planning on putting them on a p. bike?
whats your intended use?

Zippy357

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Mountlake Terrace WA
I hear that the 26" bikes such as the p1. and p2. handle fine w/the smaller wheels. The only big change is that the bikes become more snappy. I guess that would be good for the shore and tight trails, but I perfer 26''. Which is what I run on my p2.

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
I ran dual 24's on my Azonic DS-1 for awhile. It didn't really feel a ton different from my dual 26's but a lower bb. Other than that though they rocked, for urban and the skatepark they were perfect. Not so great for trail riding but seemed to work pretty damn well for dirtjumping. Just don't get doublewides like I had, too heavy and not worth a $hit.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
I think it depends on the frame too. Frames with shorter wheel bases seem to feel better with 24"s. I think 24"s are the way to go, but like stated earlier, not the best for trail riding. I don't do much trailriding. 24s feel great on the street and for park and for DJing. I have a DMR Rhythm thats 24" specific and if feels incredible.