Quantcast

24" rims what is real strong?

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Hi

I am looking for a strong 24" rim for Urban and dirt jumps, must be V brake compatible and weight is not an issue. Any recommendations ?

madbob

Monkey
May 31, 2004
fayettenam/camp mckall
36 is definatly stronger. double wall is better than single wall. try companies like atom lab, sun ringle rhino lites, single tracks or double tracks. I've been running a single track on the back of my bighit and love it.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Atomlab trailpimps are very very stong, but they are heavy too. If you are looking for a stong rim that is v-brake compatible, try Halo Combats, they have machined sidewalls, or planet x BMF's they also have the machined sidewall, and are extrememly strong.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the trailpimps are not as strong as everyone makes them out to be. the rhyno lights are not strong, the planet x rims look like a good option.

btw stay far far away from Halo!! they are crap

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wheels get most of their strength from the quality of the build. Al lthe brands mentioned so far are quality brands. Any decent hub, spokes and rim built up properly will be super strong. Pick the company who's colours you like. Get em built by the best guy you can find.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
24 double wides... not v-brake compatable, but if you end up running disks get double wides of like Arrows, they are nice, but for v-brakes maybe rhino light or something alot that lines... make sure you have clearence for a very large rim before u get something big... are azonic momentem wheels v-brake combat... they look like it... im not sure

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i've run on 26" wheels an xt/rhyno lite combo for like 3 years now. i keep the wheel trued well and they've lasted 100's of miles. i dj, urban, raced DH, and use em for all around transportation. i ran v brakes for 2 years, and since have bought a new frame and now i run hydro 6" disc brakes.

so i'd assume that the rhyno would make a good 24" wheel. i have friends that run the trail pimps and love em too.

i've seen a single track completly wrecked, but the guy treated em like garbage.

Hauling ass down long sets of stairs while running low tire pressure, he basically beat the **** out of them. but otherwise they looked strong.

and to reiderate what changleen said, it depends alot on the quality of the build, and how well the wheel stays true.

what it comes down to is $$ for me when looking at rims.