Quantcast

24" Trying to learn this ...

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
I'm trying to learn how to do this on a smaller scale:

I'm trying to jump about 3/4 of a meter, but can never reach it. The back wheel seems to stay low. Im practicing using a cone, but cannot manage it atm.

Was looking for some advice and tips. Im certain I am doing it wrong. When I do it, I dip low, pull the front up, and then throw myself forward so the back end rises. It works, but can never get it high enough. I usually land on the back wheel, or the back wheel never gets very high.

Any advice?

Last edited:

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
just try to pull your feet up as high as possible, thats how i learned it, you will probably roll your back wheel up at first but you get it, also once you get up, if your tire isnt all the way on, just pedal on up.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
If your already hopping a foot or two, there's probably not much anyone can do to help you. You'll just have to keep after it, eventually you'll get better and better at it.
It just takes lots of time and practice.

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
just try to pull your feet up as high as possible, thats how i learned it, you will probably roll your back wheel up at first but you get it, also once you get up, if your tire isnt all the way on, just pedal on up.
I get what you mean about getting your feet up high. If your feet aint moving up, when you pull the bike up your feet will stop it going higher (if im right?).

Now sure when you mean by pedal on up?

But, I appreciate the response.

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
If your already hopping a foot or two, there's probably not much anyone can do to help you. You'll just have to keep after it, eventually you'll get better and better at it.
It just takes lots of time and practice.
I can hop around 2 feet atm. I've only been at it around 2 days, but picked it up fast enough. Pisses me off when I land to low and my ass hits the tire though!

I know in my head that only practice will make me better. Just looking for any tips that will make me hop better. Ill spend a few hours on it tomorrow though.