Quantcast

24" vs 20" bike

Jun 4, 2008
Valrico, FL
Hey all- First time here. Great posts from what I've read. Okay my question is this; I currently race the cruiser class in BMX and have a Redline Flight 24". LOVE IT!!!! Thinking of getting a another bike for kicking around. It would be mostly for urban riding and some park riding and just cruising. Looking at the Subrosa Letum or the Eastern Jane. Like the feel of the 24" wheels but feel like the longer top tube (21" or more) for a 20" would be cool too. I'm also 6 foot so the longer top tube is needed. Any suggestions as to what to get? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2008
Valrico, FL
It was a looooong time ago. I've ridden a few at my LBS but nothing serious or "getting on it". I've read that the 20" helps improve your skills and handling. I like the idea of the 20" for its nimbleness

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
It would prolly feel really wierd, i tried to ride one and couldnt even sit down

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist rides a jane and loves his, dont really know anything about subrosa. I would look at fit completes too...

As to 24 vs. 20 I started riding street on a 24 but transferred to a 20 about 6 months ago and would never go back, its just better imo. Plus I hated 20s until i actually started riding one, now I love my bike.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I rode cruisers for about 10 years. I recently got another 20", and it's awesome. I love how tough the little thing is, I don't have to be as careful with the wheels. My cruiser rims are far more likely to taco.
Strength to weight ratio is much better on 20s.

Last edited: