Quantcast

24" Wheel Decision help

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Ight, im looking for some 24" v break compatable rims, I know there are the Atomlab pimp lites that arnt that light, also Ryno Lite xl's which seam like a good option but I would rather not go with a Ryno Lite, Halo SAS's would be nice, esp in white, but the white powercoat comes off so it says, but should I go with the Halos anyways? if so which ones, the lighter the better....

Thanks for your help,

Eric

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
really? Hmm, I guess ill look into them deeper, I had some ryno lites, and I was just lookin and the xls are welded, and more suited for street, so ill check it out, do you know of hand how much they run?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They run around $50 a pop.

How much do you weigh? If you're light-ish and smooth-ish they'll work great (and you've gotta be/have a good wheelbuilder too, that's the important part).

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
They run around $50 a pop.

How much do you weigh? If you're light-ish and smooth-ish they'll work great (and you've gotta be/have a good wheelbuilder too, that's the important part).
I weigh a buck 30 right, now :shocked: and an not smooth in any way (gonna start Dirtjumpin n street) but for the price of thoes I think I can be smooth enough, thanks for ya help dude, and ive got an awesome wheel buildier. Also what bike u runnin em on, I just orderd a Nemesis Dm so im stoked about that, and plan to put em on there.

edit- U Ojai bicyclist on mtbr?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I wouldn't suggest white halo's if you wanna run V's. Not only does the white wear off, it creates a horrible braking surface. Get Rhyno Lite XL's. They'll be fine.

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
Get the Rhynos bro, when I had mine I weighed 165 and had no problems. I was even racing Hardtail DH class with them (stupid I know) and had no problems.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I weigh a buck 30 right, now :shocked: and an not smooth in any way (gonna start Dirtjumpin n street) but for the price of thoes I think I can be smooth enough, thanks for ya help dude, and ive got an awesome wheel buildier. Also what bike u runnin em on, I just orderd a Nemesis Dm so im stoked about that, and plan to put em on there.

edit- U Ojai bicyclist on mtbr?

I'm running them on my Tonic Fall Guy. The DM is a sick bike too!

That's me.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
alright rhynos it is. thanks for your help guys.
You'll be stoked on the DM, I just got a 26" version last weekend, It's a nice paddywinkle blue. I'm waiting on parts to build it up right now.

If you can get the Chrome rhyno for the back, it gives you a much better braking surface then the black one. If you pay much attention to bmx, you'll notice a TON of guys have chrome in back, and a different color up front. This is because chrome creates one of the better braking surfaces for rim brakes.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
You'll be stoked on the DM, I just got a 26" version last weekend, It's a nice paddywinkle blue. I'm waiting on parts to build it up right now.

If you can get the Chrome rhyno for the back, it gives you a much better braking surface then the black one. If you pay much attention to bmx, you'll notice a TON of guys have chrome in back, and a different color up front. This is because chrome creates one of the better braking surfaces for rim brakes.
A 26 version of the DM... Isnt that the SF or the SA?

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
oh nice, im soo happy, im getting the frame kit tomarrow and am going to get the frame after new years!!!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Whaaa? A DM 26"? Why no Tonic?

I like machined the best.
still have the tonic......well, sort of...............I still own a tonic, but I don't have it right now.

Anyways, I wanted a 26" bike in my quiver, and you can't beat a Nemesis Project.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Yeah, B-Rad told me, whats up with the pump track man?
its my holiday project, ive already got a loop in there, but im working on expanding and perfecting it, right now its just really fun, Ive dug the whole thing by myself :( which is a freakin boatload o work