Quantcast

24" wheels...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lets talk about wheels.

For my Tonic (v-brakes and bmx hub on the back, 20mm no brake on the front) I'm just wondering what are good ways to. I like the Profile "no brake" hub on the front, there are tons of bmx hubs that I like, but the rims have me confused.

Some of you are running Ryno lites. Not expensive, welded seam, light, but are they to light? I will be doing stuff that puts torque on the back wheel and I want to be sure that they will hold up. My Mob has singletracks and they have held up very well, but you can't use rim brakes with it, any other suggestions?

I will have to say that the arrows look good, but they are expensive. Also, the weld on the rim, is that ground down so you can run your brakes, or are they not really made for rim brakes, I can't tell.

And... Halo's and Atoms, not really excited about pinned rims. I've run them in the past and watched the split (many a BFR on my 20", all have split).

K, please help. It would thrill me to see examples of what other Tonic riders are running for complete wheelsets as well. Thanks!

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
24" rhyno's in 36h build up pretty damn strong. arrow rims (frx, dhx) are disc only. arrow has a new XCL rim but i dont know if its rim or disc. arrow rims are super strong. ive had 3 of em, 2 dhx's and 1 frx.

on my tonic i have:
frt: arrow frx 32h/ profile 20mm/ 14g,brass nips
r: rhyno xl 36h/ profile mini, race axle, 10t ti driver/ 14g,brass nips

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i am not sure that all rhynolites are welded...i think some are pinned...

that said, I run rhynolites with no problem and I am kinda heavy and not particularly smooth.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i dented a rl xl in a hard coping case.
after that i am using SW camo's.
they def feel stiffer.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i bust normal rhinos up lokking at them wrong but have extremely well with 24 in single tracks, rhino xl's, and bfr's. I have busted two atom lab rear rims, dhr and then the one below that. im personally waiting for the new alienation rims