Quantcast

243 bike

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
im not really a bigginer, but i dont really know where else to post this. i am getting a mild downhill bike from my local bike shop for $450. its got a 243 racing chromo frame, older marzocchi bomber forks (8" travel), the hayes hydraulic discs right before the hayes nine, sun double wide double wall rims, raceface forged crank, deore stuff, kona bars, king sealed headset, nice milled out stem with an x on the cap(dont know brand), and some other odds and ends. is this a good deal? im thinking it is.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
mcA896 said:
it is a damn good deal, if nothing is broken (i mean major components like frame or fork)
nope, not really, there is a little air in the forks and the rear cassette needs a rebuild (not really a prob cause i work in a bike shop). other than that its fine. oh, it also has a fox sealed front hub and some big black thing in the rear.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'd say the frame, fork, headset and brakes are worth 450.00 alone.

I ride a .243 myself. They are great frames. you won't be dissapointed.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
does anybody run a bmx style crank instead of a euro? it has a us sized bb. im thinking of running an odyssey black widow with an s&m 30t full guard sprocket.

oh, and it has a euro crank with a converter. when you pedal backwards in first, the chain comes right off, i also see that with the euro bb one side has a little flange that sticks out, on the other side there it not one and the crank arm comes closer the the frame. is it possible to flip the euro bb around so the sprocket is closer to the frame? (note, it only has one sprocket, its a 40 i think)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I don't run the BMX BB on mine, but if you are looking for a BB or cranks that will fit try giving Unreal Cycles a call. They specialize in sick hard tails and carry what you need.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
thanks for the help guys, you will see some pics of it on monday (i would have it now but the effing banks are closed!!!)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
450 bucks! what a steal. black widows! thems old school! pretty light too. If your a big guy id maybe try for something a little more burly. but they'll probably work.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
boostindoubles said:
450 bucks! what a steal. black widows! thems old school! pretty light too. If your a big guy id maybe try for something a little more burly. but they'll probably work.
they are the new ones, pretty beefy, alot more than the old ones!

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
got it today, a little bump in the buying process (very very anoying little bump :mad: ), but i got it and could not be happier :love: . here is a pic, oh, and the nasty ass carpet is not really in my kitchen, its down for painting.