Quantcast

mutasmurf

Chimp
Feb 16, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Has anyone tried the .243 frames out? My brother is in need of a new steel HT fame that is fairly cheap, but I'm afraid it would be too heavy (8lbs) for street riding. He's 5' 9" and 170 lbs. It's either the .243 or On-One Gimp.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
You might want to post this in the PNW forum. There's a couple of guys that ride a .243, I can't remember what their log on names though. But I saw one of them at the bmx track on Sunday.

I ride a Planet-X Bommer frame, it's all steel and fairly inexpensive - brand new the cost is $350. Also, check out Unrealcycles.com - Ben can answer any of your questions.

mutasmurf

Chimp
Feb 16, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by Northshore009
the .243 is awesome, it is around 7 pounds, ive been riding one for almost 6 months, the geometry is what makes it so great, and its chromoly so its not gonna break. go for the .243
Yeah, I hear that the geometry is awesome, better than the Gimp, and have absolutely no doubt that it will hold up. Just curious what is your setup? SS? 24 or 26"? What size fork?

i had gears but switched over to single speed because i didnt do any up hills. for a few months i had 2- 26"s but is swapped the rear for a 24 later. both ways felt great in their own way. the 24 in the rear was better for manuals and stuff. right now i dont have a fork because i snapped my last psylos, but i plan on getting some shermans for it. the psylos felt good on the bike but just didnt hold up.