Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Looks like Squirrel is game, just waiting for final confirmation. So one team would be:

Echo
Tweek
Mtbkngrl
Gee Spot
Squirrel

Unless the ladies are really going to try and form an all-female team :confused:

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Originally posted by Echo
Looks like Squirrel is game, just waiting for final confirmation. So one team would be:

Echo
Tweek
Mtbkngrl
Gee Spot
Squirrel

Unless the ladies are really going to try and form an all-female team :confused:
If they are, I don't know what Instigator's status is on going. Frankly, I'd like to see an all-female team. I think they could get the job done.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Tweek
If they are, I don't know what Instigator's status is on going. Frankly, I'd like to see an all-female team. I think they could get the job done.
I think an all-chick team would rock, but I don't bring the skill that Gee-Spot & Mtnbkgrl do and I would hate to loose it for us!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by TreeSaw
I think an all-chick team would rock, but I don't bring the skill that Gee-Spot & Mtnbkgrl do and I would hate to loose it for us!

There is NO win or lose, 24's are about having FUN!

flycykel

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
Long Island, NY
Got a down-stater team comin up to lay claim to the corporate category - in a fun kinda way. . .

Had a blast last year and just missed 3rd. . .

N E of ya actually registered yet?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I still plan on trying it solo.

I plan on winning the thing outright, I will remove my front wheel to save weight, I will be pedalling so hard it will be wheelies the whole time.

Actually, I will be lucky to finish and even luckier to do so without crying like a little girl.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Westy

I plan on winning the thing outright, I will remove my front wheel to save weight, I will be pedalling so hard it will be wheelies the whole time.

Actually, I will be lucky to finish and even luckier to do so without crying like a little girl.
LOL!!! I can't wait to see it!!! :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Westy

You know, I nearly cry just watching some of the soloists finish. Such heart I tell you, such heart. I've never done a 24 Hour Solo, but just watch them come across the finish line at the end if you get the chance. It will make you proud to be alive.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Heidi
You know, I nearly cry just watching some of the soloists finish. Such heart I tell you, such heart. I've never done a 24 Hour Solo, but just watch them come across the finish line at the end if you get the chance. It will make you proud to be alive.
Damn straight. Seeing solo riders at about 7am was just mind blowing. I almost felt bad passing them, knowing they are doing something way harder than I could ever do. But they still say hi and smile.

One of our teammates got passed by Tinker at about 3am, and he said "Hey Tinker, how's it going?". Tinker was like "well, you know... it's 3 o'clock in the morning" :D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Damn straight. Seeing solo riders at about 7am was just mind blowing. I almost felt bad passing them, knowing they are doing something way harder than I could ever do. But they still say hi and smile.

One of our teammates got passed by Tinker at about 3am, and he said "Hey Tinker, how's it going?". Tinker was like "well, you know... it's 3 o'clock in the morning" :D
Yah, I always make sure to call them by name and encourage them when i pass them. Lots of times they'll be really happy I acknowledged them. I like to think I'm helping their motivation somewhat.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by splat
Being the Newbie at this . Is ther ea way to tell the Solo riders from the others ? is there Number some how different ?
They have a number plate attached somewhere on their back, or the back of their bike. Usually below their saddle.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah, at Old Pueblo they had a neon tag hanging from their seat (like a lift ticket) that said "SOLO" so you could tell when you approach from behind.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our riders have all registered! Good job, guys. :cool: Our roster is still "incomplete" because we have not registered a volunteer, but we have until two weeks before the race to do that.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by splat
Have the Jak-a-lopes decided on thier team(s) Yet ?
We are very close. A couple of Jackalopes :angry: are taking their sweet time with making a decision. But no matter what we have a complete team.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
We are very close. A couple of Jackalopes :angry: are taking their sweet time with making a decision. But no matter what we have a complete team.

I cant blame them, they are just scared of team Four Monkeys and a Baboon kicking their arses

S M A C K !