Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I would like to make fun of squirrel and Deyv, but I could not tell you how they rode.......................They were always to far ahead to see :dead:

If this was a slow speed technical race, I think I would have a chance :p

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
ghostrider said:
I prefer to speak softly and carry a big quadricep. Besides, I'm not sure how my training regimen of towing Arielle through the hills in her trailer on my single speed is going to pan out.
At least one person on are team is going to kick ass :dancing:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
17 days to go! I finally did my training ride last night, 2.5 miles of flat road. This race is gonna be easy.
Better watch it, overtraining can really burn you out.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
17 days to go! I finally did my training ride last night, 2.5 miles of flat road. This race is gonna be easy.
Dude, that's nothing, I started taking the stairs instead of the elevator up to the 2nd floor, and I've started drinking 2 cups of coffee/hour to keep my heart rate up. I'm going to have a hard time keeping my front wheel on the ground with all this extra power.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
We are less than two weeks away! WOO HOO!!!!

:dancing:

I'm starting to get a little nervous. :)
With less than two weeks to go everyone can slow down on that hard core training and concentrate on rest and relaxation before the big race :drool: Now I will probably just start worrying about the weather.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After a nice little ride yesterday I chowed down on 5 soft tacos from taco bell, a large bowl of Lucky Charms, a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a pile of sliced chicken wrapped around a chunk of provalone and a pickle (ran out of bread), two granola bars, sunflower seeds, cherries and a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada.:thumb:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I did a little training this weekend with my son. He suprised me a bit with the corn dog style skewer. I have always been partial to lancing the dog perpendicular to its axis. But perhaps he is on to something. Even a master can learn from the student.

Attachments

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
justbill said:
I did a little training this weekend with my son. He suprised me a bit with the corn dog style skewer. I have always been partial to lancing the dog perpendicular to its axis. But perhaps he is on to something. Even a master can learn from the student.
Hey can I borrow that bike that's leaning against the truck for the race? That thing looks FAST!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Instigator said:
You guys don't know how to train..............me and matty training Saturday night :thumb:

thats nothing I plan to live on the leftovers from my BBQ until the "24"

hamburgs, hotdogs, choclate chip cookies, brownies and beer

question is which is for breakfast??

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
All I got to say is, my regimen of quitting my job, riding 12 hours a day, spending 14 hours a day in the gym, drinking no alcohol and eating only carrot sticks better pay off big time, or my wife is going to be PISSED.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
berkshire_rider said:
What happened to the "altered" watermelon? :confused:
Someone kept feeding chunks to the girlies, but most of it ended up in the blender to make the frozen drinks a little more potent/flavorful :D

the rest unfortunately spent the night outside, and looked a little nasty due to many flowers from the tree ended up in it.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
OK, so the race is only a week away...time to get some smack going. I'm thinking we set something up like:

Fastest Lap: Crowned King Monkey, receives offering from Slowest Lap
2nd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 2nd Slowest Lap
3rd Fastest Lap: Receives offering from 3rd Slowest Lap

Winning Team: Receives offering from 3rd place team

We should start collecting suggestions for the offerings, so people know what the stakes are. Also, TreeSaw and Deyv's wife can opt in or opt out. Everybody else is mandatory.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
OK, so the race is only a week away...time to get some smack going. I'm thinking we set something up like:

We should start collecting suggestions for the offerings, so people know what the stakes are. Also, TreeSaw and Deyv's wife can opt in or opt out. Everybody else is mandatory.
Bottles of fine distilled spirits always make nice offerings. Forcing the "offered" to drink it all at one siting makes for great stories and pictures.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:

My goal is to get the fastest lap and the slowest lap, that should work out just fine :D

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Finally got my team set. Pedalmasher.com - Tequila Sunrise. Look for the camp with the stuffed monkey that offers tequila. Stop by and say hi! Looks like we will be in the 5 person 200+ catagory. Going all out!

How do I get in on this fastest lap comp? Is there a handicap for doing the run?