Sleazattle
douglas said:
:D
Bad Boy

Bad Boy

whatcha gonna do

whatcha gonna do when I'm passing you!!
:D

The best thing to do late at night is sneak up on someone with your lights out then give them a good blast from an air horn to wake them up.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I am not talking any smack about any climbs and me. I will be happy with just making it to the top of any of them :p

As far as the first lap goes, my money is on Matty :devil:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I Are Baboon said:
HA, all you guys talking smack is fun to watch. :)

In all seriousness, I just want to not embarras myself with a poor ass performance.
Word. I just gotta make sure I'm not slowest. Nobody wants to see me in nuthin but a Ridemonkey sticker. In fact, let that be some incentive for a few of you to take it easy out there.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
ECHO,

who's going 1st on your team?
I think we decided on Squirrel, he is probably our best runner (kicked ass in track and cross country in school) and our fastest rider (actually about the same as Deyv). Not many monkeys have seen Squirrel ride... so I'll just let you all find out for yourselves how much of a ringer we have :eek:

Actually, here's a little hint... a few years ago at an event in NY called the Racoon Rally, he took 1st in the XC race and 2nd in the DH race... on the same bike :nuts:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
I think we decided on Squirrel, he is probably our best runner (kicked ass in track and cross country in school) and our fastest rider (actually about the same as Deyv). Not many monkeys have seen Squirrel ride... so I'll just let you all find out for yourselves how much of a ringer we have :eek:

Actually, here's a little hint... a few years ago at an event in NY called the Racoon Rally, he took 1st in the XC race and 2nd in the DH race... on the same bike :nuts:

oh shishkabob

I quit

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Since the biking is just a nice side effect of this race, the big question is going to be which team will drink the most beer?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Since the biking is just a nice side effect of this race, the big question is going to be which team will drink the most beer?
Hmm. Team Jackalope/Allezy will certainly put a good effort forth... but TreeSaw might just win it for the Ass Balancers all by her self :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:

*hangs head in shame, shuffles away feeling defeated*

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I will sadly only be bringing a measly 12 pack, and most will probably be given away. Sometime I think I have my priorities completely screwed up.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
Not to mention back in the BMX days, we forced him to go out and race (he was like 8 years old or something) even though he didn't want to...he was done before the rest of the pack was even at the last corner. He thought he did something wrong.

Aside from that, though, Echo should let Squirrel talk his own smack. And aside from that, I'm taking that little punk down if it kills me.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
I will sadly only be bringing a measly 12 pack, and most will probably be given away. Sometime I think I have my priorities completely screwed up.
On a side note, that's the one big flaw in these things. They should let everybody camp Sunday night - it's the only real party opportunity. Only a darn fool would go and get wasted on Friday night, and Saturday you're just too busy to bother with keeping your BAC at acceptable level.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Actually I'm secretly hoping my team will be slow / get flats / take breaks on the trail / get lost a couple times per lap.......more time for me to drink beer & hit on mudhunnies!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
On a side note, that's the one big flaw in these things. They should let everybody camp Sunday night - it's the only real party opportunity. Only a darn fool would go and get wasted on Friday night, and Saturday you're just too busy to bother with keeping your BAC at acceptable level.

My place is only 1 hour away

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
douglas said:
Actually I'm secretly hoping my team will be slow / get flats / take breaks on the trail / get lost a couple times per lap.......more time for me to drink beer & hit on mudhunnies!!
I'm contemplating busting out a fast lap then spending the remainder of the race intoxicated. Unfortunately, it may take me to the end of the race to muster up a fast enough lap.

Has anybody else noticed that today is just plain drraagggggginng along?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Ya know what? Yeah. In fact, screw it. I'm gone.

See you all in Dalton monkeys!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
I'm contemplating busting out a fast lap then spending the remainder of the race intoxicated. Unfortunately, it may take me to the end of the race to muster up a fast enough lap.

Longest day ever! I have little to do at work and I want to get out of here bad. I apologize for polluting this thread with my mad ramblings.

IMO the best time for beer is right after your first sunrise lap. That way you can make the excuse that you are too drunk and someone else has to do your lap at 11:30.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
666th thread post was my 2777th overall post. Heavan and hell are battling in our little thread.
Dude, I'm not a religious man, but I have a feeling you will learn the meaning of Hell this weekend. If you survive to drink the post-race beer, maybe Heaven as well.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Dude, I'm not a religious man, but I have a feeling you will learn the meaning of Hell this weekend. If you survive to drink the post-race beer, maybe Heaven as well.
What are you talking about. I just plan on doing a few laps at the begining. Sleeping for twelve hours then strutt around in spandex talking about all the cool italian gear I have and my latest leg shaving techniques. Take a parade lap that will finish about 12:01. I will then explain that I could have done better but I had to spend too much time on the cell with my stock broker and porche dealer, not to mention I did not want to sweat too much and ruin my hairplugs.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
What are you talking about. I just plan on doing a few laps at the begining. Sleeping for twelve hours then strutt around in spandex talking about all the cool italian gear I have and my latest leg shaving techniques. Take a parade lap that will finish about 12:01. I will then explain that I could have done better but I had to spend too much time on the cell with my stock broker and porche dealer, not to mention I did not want to sweat too much and ruin my hairplugs.
Yup, sounds like Hell to me.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Since new info has been shown, I take back my earlier money on matty....................My money is on squirrel, not only the fastest up a hill, not just the fastest first lap, but having the fastest lap overall :eek:

I have seen that boy ride and we will all feel his wrath :dead:

next my money goes on ghostrider or deyv, and I am shooting for the slowest lap (but only to give my team mates more rest..........really)