24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by TreeSaw
Now you're all in trouble.....:D

My new "Blue Raja" will take me to the lead! :devil:

(as piloted by Moe...he's teaching me how to throw down some mad skill you know)
Nice bikey TreeSaw - but why is it called a "Blue Raja"? And why is your shop such a mess???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by ghostrider
Nice bikey TreeSaw - but why is it called a "Blue Raja"? And why is your shop such a mess???
Squirrel's been too busy training to bother with minor things like cleaning the shop :devil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well....Echo's on to something there (Squirrel hasn't cleaned up his "man space" in a while 'cause we've been riding).

As for "Blue Raja"...have you ever seen "Mystery Men"?

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I have been informed I will not be the course volunteer for the 4monkey and a baboon team after all. This is sorry news indeed.
Not for me, I will still be supporting the team at base camp. It could be the death blow to you others however.

My time is now clear to man the stoves, and while the intoxicating aroma of brisket, lamb, turkey and roasted root vegetables marinating to perfection over exotic hardwoods will encourage my team to hurry around the course, eager to discover what culinary splendor awaits their return, the same delectable wafting mimosa will only serve as a constant torment to the unfortunate souls who linger about in nearby sites nibbling on pb&j.

Please, if you could keep the stomach growling to a low rumble we would appreciate it. When the team members are sleeping on the King size beds they do need to be undisturbed and the Bose noise reduction stereo and relaxation tapes can only mask so much. Thanks

(hows that for smack? it's my first try)

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by splat
Was thinking about just keeping this Infor for 4 :monkey:'s and a baboon , but hey ! I 'm a Nice guy !

Here is is the topo Map from the last 2 years. I wonder if they are going to change it much ?
Hey splat, I'll buy you a second beer if you can find distances and elevation charts to go along with those maps...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Hey splat, I'll buy you a second beer if you can find distances and elevation charts to go along with those maps...
On their site it says there is a difference in elevation of 800 with sustained climbs of up to a mile?

Does this mean I can have Splat's beer???;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by TreeSaw
On their site it says there is a difference in elevation of 800 with sustained climbs of up to a mile?

Does this mean I can have Splat's beer???;)
The website says:

Everything from very tight single track to double track, old logging roads, clear dirt roads and open fields. Water crossings, bridges, etc., all the typical stuff for Northeast terrain. There is an overall elevation gain of about 800 feet from our lowest point on the farm to the top of the mountain (1200' elevation at the start/finish line). There are several sustained climbs of up to a mile, as well as, some nice descents of equal length. The 24 hour course will be approximately 8 miles, and is a good mix of climbing, flats and descents.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

actually, the climb is more like 2 miles & a 650ft gain......then you are rewareded with an aprox. same length/elev change downhill

ps: I like

Attachments

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by douglas
plus its a fire road
Cool, at least there will be passing. Nothing worse than a 2 mile singletrack climb when you get stuck in a big pack of slow people. You kill yourself passing them and you've got nothing left when you get in the clear.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
plus its a fire road
Cool. All that recent road riding for me will help. :p

In all seriousness, my legs are feeling GREAT, and no doubt I owe a lot of that to all the road riding I've done lately. My rib injury really does seem to be a blessing in disguise as far as training goes. It's forced me onto the road a lot more than I would normally do.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Cool. All that recent road riding for me will help. :p

In all seriousness, my legs are feeling GREAT, and no doubt I owe a lot of that to all the road riding I've done lately. My rib injury really does seem to be a blessing in disguise as far as training goes. It's forced me onto the road a lot more than I would normally do.
cool :D

!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
When is everyone getting there?

I'm thinking they will allow preriding of the course.....

A group :monkey: pre ride would be freaking AWESOME

:D :D :) :cool: :) :D :D

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Hey! Not to hijack your thread. I will also be there again this year. Look for me in a PedalMasher.com jersey and say hi. I am always up for meeting Monkey's.

Oh, and that map may be a little decieving, I swear the first 4 miles of the course last year were basically uphill. It wasn't bad the first few laps, but it seemed to get steeper through the night. Then again, I'm from texas so any hill looks steep to me.

splat

Nam I am
I'm Picking my Kids up at school ( there last day) , loaded and ready to go. and then we are heading out that way.

a pre ride with all the other monkeys would be awesome ! Some smack talk on the trail, and I'm sure it would wind up being a sprint to the top! and of course there would be beers on the line.
fun fun fun.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
looks like I'll be have to come out Friday too!!

BUT me thinks Friday night I'll do the hour drive back to my place, sleep in my big comfy bed, enjoy the lack of noise, get up early, take a nice warm shower and head on back all rested!! :thumb:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Hmmmm, I think I'm doing this all wrong...my training hill climbs 800 feet in 3/4 of a mile?????

And, the Friday pre-ride is going to be a blast. Instead of smacktalkin, I'm predicting sandbagging.

"Huff huff, are we there yet, huff huff. This is too hard."

Oh, and Chris01 - wanna do a ride in Dallas next week? I'll probably be riding Wednesday (5/12) evening.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hmmmm, I think I'm doing this all wrong...my training hill climbs 800 feet in 3/4 of a mile?????

And, the Friday pre-ride is going to be a blast. Instead of smacktalkin, I'm predicting sandbagging.

Oh, and Chris01 - wanna do a ride in Dallas next week? I'll probably be riding Wednesday (5/12) evening.

yeah but my huffing & puffing will be real :mad: :rolleyes: :drool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Chris01
Hey! Not to hijack your thread. I will also be there again this year. Look for me in a PedalMasher.com jersey and say hi. I am always up for meeting Monkey's.
COOL! We're in camping section A, sites 30, 31, 32. :)

Are you doing this solo or in a team?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by justbill
When the team members are sleeping on the King size beds they do need to be undisturbed and the Bose noise reduction stereo and relaxation tapes can only mask so much. Thanks

I was hoping for four hours sleep both Friday and Saturday night, but I think I'll bump that up to 4.5 hours now. :D

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I do have to show up at least to take attendence at work. But it is on the way, sort of, at least its at the begining of the MA Pike.
The web site says 1 vehicle per site. Thats going to have to be me, i figure arrival before noon with a goal of 10am.
I need about 4-6 hours for dinner prep and cooking. We are just having hot dogs but i like to make my own from scratch. Also, is this place near a marsh? I'm hoping to forage fresh mallows to toast.

bill

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area

Sure thing, I'd be up for that. PM me to make plans

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
COOL! We're in camping section A, sites 30, 31, 32. :)

Are you doing this solo or in a team?
Team, However at this point I do not know what size team. Someone else is putting it together, I just show up and ride.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by justbill
I do have to show up at least to take attendence at work. But it is on the way, sort of, at least its at the begining of the MA Pike.
The web site says 1 vehicle per site. Thats going to have to be me, i figure arrival before noon with a goal of 10am.
I need about 4-6 hours for dinner prep and cooking. We are just having hot dogs but i like to make my own from scratch. Also, is this place near a marsh? I'm hoping to forage fresh mallows to toast.

bill
Your vehicle is indeed the one vehicle we'll have.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
When is everyone getting there?

I'm thinking they will allow preriding of the course.....

A group :monkey: pre ride would be freaking AWESOME

:D :D :) :cool: :) :D :D
Hell yah! We (that'd be Squirrel, myself and the twin college chicks) are picking ghostrider up and heading straight there. Should be there about noon so he can catch some ZZzzzz while we set up crap. Then it's ride time, followed and preceeded by beer time! :D

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by greasey monkey
I will be catching a ride with Instigator but I'm sure we will be there in time for a :monkey: pre ride.:D

Yep! Me, you and Matty will be cruising there. I imagine in a convoy with echo and tweek.