Quantcast

24s or 26s?

r-o-ss

Chimp
Mar 2, 2008
I have a kona scrap 07, and it has 26's on at the moment and i wanna get some new wheels, thinking about halo tornados.. unless you have any other ideas, i want it pretty light and available in white and a nice loud ticking hub

i dont like the 26s and i was speakking to my mate and he said the geomatry of my frame might not take 24's
anyyone know any good wheels and suggestions about wheel size?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
a few years ago, (2004/5) a buddy of mine ran a kona cowan and decided to go with 24's on it, he loved it but when i rode it i thought it felt like absolute garbage. For rim recommendations i would say look into atomlab as well

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
1. Why not split the difference and go with 25s

2. White is soooo 2007

3. Save yourself some money and just get a crisp baseball card and a close pin if all you're looking for in a hub is noise.

4. I'm not a fan of Atom Labs cause they don't weld their rims.

That is all.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i say go atomlabs i haven't needed to true my 24s after 3 years of riding and my name isn't grace

where do you get 25s that would be different i saw that urbancross bike but who makes 25s rims and tires

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i figured u were kiddin about 25s i kinda just want to see someone else get them before i went ahead and did something stupid, but seriously who makes them and are there any choice in tires at all? Im just curious i dont think i would buy them

Liquid Fl0w$

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
The geo would be a bit weird as your going to have a big frame, forks with smaller wheels... can make it look umm odd plus it wouldn't ride as good take that into account.