Quantcast

24's, pegs, and soon to be gyro's=gay and yuck

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well since im riding on the nemesis project pro team now figured might as well build up a park/harcore max gnar street jib bike.
frame is a custom deathmobile with dextreme geometry (cant remember brad fill me in hur) plaitnum ox tubing (i believe this frame is .5 lbs lighter than stock but again brad is needed).
first ride impressions: holy crap. coming off my dna to this is like sexing matumbo and then switching to a midget. the bike loves to spin. first 3 i tried over our box jump ended up with me rotating close to 540 degrees. bike spins in any and all directions like its nothing. boosting spines is amazing, after a few tries i was breaking all my previous height records and hitting the trannies perfetcly every shot, something i struggled with on my od bike(s). the bike fits in ramps and trannies much better than my old stretch limo did and this took some getting used to. the frame quality is top notch and good god did brad spend a ton of time on the prep work and polishing of the raw steel and it shows. the darker red paint around the welds looks amazing. pics do not do this bike justice. i retract any negative 24 comment i have ever siad striaght up. stickers are in the mail.

spec
deathmobile
4x custom 65mm
e13 micro with half bash
kmc red chain
nyc freeride stem (now black, waiting on the nem pro stem)
nyc freeride bar end caps (mia)
nyc freeride clamp
nyc freeride pedals (now black)
deity bars
deity seat
deity cranks with ti hardware
rhino light, hayes front krylon'd
atomlab pimp light ringle 4 stroke rear
thomson post
maxxis holy roler 2.4 tires ghetto tubeless(soon to be
2.2 front 1.85 rear)
fsa headset
xtr v brake w/ avid lever
snafu mobious detangler, red (mia)
snafu ti pegs- pimpin, but not sure how long im gonna keep them on for...

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
very nice, wish i had the money for something like that..how you like the 4x?

im really good at golf....then again i am jr golf CHAMPION

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
brad, do i get jerextreme geometry? dex that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick! set up exactly how ii ride it, id be mor ethan glad to take it off your hands for $10 till mine gets here. biggrin: you should make him a custom frame thats called the nemesis project dextreme that would be cool

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That thing is radness. Love the raw red. Not a huge fan of the white rim, though... but who am I to talk??? I was rockin the white tires for a while... doh!!!

That chain is the pimpness, too.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
DEX bikes looking REALLY good !!

GEO: on DEX's bike is pretty close to stock 24" DeathMobile angles.
All I did was add some gyro tabs to the headtube , shorten up the rear end .25 of an inch so the chainstays measure 15.25 slammed or 15.50 were Dex has his wheel currently .

This frame was one of the first to go out with the new TrueTemper OX platinum downtube so the frame comes in a 5.7lbs which needless to say is stupid light for a full size 24" MTB .

Paint is our OX blood over raw color , which is currently availible on all our frames .

Sweet built Dex !!

( GromDon .. No we are NOT going to do a bike called the Dextreame )

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Dude, you should sell the DM with geo like that (shorter CS) stock.
The 24's are being changed up a bit in the next production run , to accomdate the shorter rear ends .
I had to increse the bend radius on the stays to get everything to fit jsut right .

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Think you've got enough sunglasses there :)

Did you do any prep work to your front wheelset? I'm looking for some white rims myself, but if I can just get away with spray bombing my old ones I'll do that.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Looks good Dexter. You mentioned you are swapping the tires from 2.4 to 2.2/1.85. Is Maxxis making the Holy Roller in 2.2? If so where are you getting it?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
nope, just sprayed the wheel a couple hundred times. the comment about the glasses, you should see the case of them i have in missoula, 30 some odd pairs, 15 pairs of goggles. 90% of them i have never worn but are rapped by my roomates. peg was ran by drilling out one side of the axel and running 3/8 x 1/2 threaded stock through it with a deity crank spacer. the 4x is great,took a while to get it set up right (more like me being frantic and calling brad from the park). lowered the stem down a bit further last night, cant wait til saturday when i an ride her again (damn east coast)
thanks again to brad at nem, eric at deity, andy at nycfreeride, troy at maxxis, and randolph at smith.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
HAAAAAhahahahah
I'm working on taking things less seriously , sometimes I jsut miss the sarcasim .... I must be hanging out with too many Germans :disgust:
ahhhh germans are cool making a couple of exceptions there but they do have the biggest beer festival in the world! im antsy, my frame just cracked a little which sucks but its hopefully gonna be worth the wait. and brad, if you need help with the website, im the ex webmaster at my school so i can do basic stuff. wat software you use? and dex, how are those ti pegs for street?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
grom, your going to love your bike bro. i only got to rid ethe bike for two hours ( a lot of it was spent adjusting minor stuff and whatnot though) and only used the pegs once on a metal ledge. they slid just fine. when i get home saturday from conneticut i will be riding this beauty at least two times a day and wil have a full ride report

ps brad, remember how i said i wanted to find a foampit? i found one. FF

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
grom, your going to love your bike bro. i only got to rid ethe bike for two hours ( a lot of it was spent adjusting minor stuff and whatnot though) and only used the pegs once on a metal ledge. they slid just fine. when i get home saturday from conneticut i will be riding this beauty at least two times a day and wil have a full ride report

Thank you for all the RAD comliments on DEX's new bike !!
Oh foan pit nice !!

Now totally off topic anyone seee the UVA vs Gansaga last night ?
60uva 20Gansaga at the half !!!:shocked:
I love collage basketball when the heat get's turned up !!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Now totally off topic anyone seee the UVA vs Gansaga last night ?
60uva 20Gansaga at the half !!!:shocked:
I love collage basketball when the heat get's turned up !!
Yep, the zags got creamed. So did my team... but at least we have Bill Walker and Huggy... things will change.

pcatemot_anim.gif

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill

im soooooo stoked to ride for brad and get a frame, but im money pressed and im gonna need to lace the shadow hub (if that works out) and then get new arms and bb, new sprocket and a new headset. and then it may work. brads got me alll like a lil kid on christmas waiting for his master handywork so i have a non fvcked up long frame

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
grom dom if you had told me this like a week ago i had a full deity set up i would have GIVEN you.
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no bad, your not supposed to tell me these things!!!!! godamit! if you have any spare compatible stuff you dont want though, i can take it off your hands if you want.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
holy steep headangle,
would look way better with a rigid and normal parts, white is like 3 years ago in bmx standards and so 2006 according to mtb standards...
I like it partswise, but not colourwise...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sweet bike dexter

lets see a 5050 peg grind!

i need a front wheel so i can get my front one on.