Quantcast

25mm Spindle crank spares, please mock me.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I knew it was a stupid purchae at the time, but a few years ago I bought some Protone Scandium cranks because they were the narrowest Q Factor DH rated 165mm cranks I could find and they are a pinch bolt type. Being Italian the company went tits up and parts are NLA.

So, I'm wondering if there has ever been any other 25mm spindled cranks or if any of you smart people know where I can get nitrile discs made so they don't look like I have cut them with scissors?
IMGP9243.jpg

IMGP9246.jpg

There is no plastic tube like a Shimano or RF setup and oddly the four year old Nachi bearings are still okay, pretty impressive as they are always wet when I pull the cranks apart.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I knew it was a stupid purchae at the time, but a few years ago I bought some Protone Scandium cranks because they were the narrowest Q Factor DH rated 165mm cranks I could find and they are a pinch bolt type. Being Italian the company went tits up and parts are NLA.

So, I'm wondering if there has ever been any other 25mm spindled cranks or if any of you smart people know where I can get nitrile discs made so they don't look like I have cut them with scissors?
View attachment 180660

View attachment 180661

There is no plastic tube like a Shimano or RF setup and oddly the four year old Nachi bearings are still okay, pretty impressive as they are always wet when I pull the cranks apart.
Can you use a 3D printer to Fab?

Avy

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cut em with scissors, no one cares anyways :busted:

What do they do? Cover the bearings?
Yeah, I pinched one of the nitrile rings .
Wonder if a gasket punch would be good enough to do it? I could use one at work.
1660820528380.png

Maybe not that good a set though, they are spendy.