Quantcast

26" 120psi Maxxis Street/Dirt tires?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I recently saw an ad for some 26" 120psi rated street urban dirt jumptires, on the back of a decline magazine I think?
Anyone have any info on them or where to buy them?
I checked maxxis and I guess its not up on their site yet.
Or any other companys you a high psi rated 26" tire

mattt

Monkey
Jul 21, 2009
texas
The highest and best ive ridden are the 80 psi rated Kenda Kniption. 80 psi is high enough and its not a mung kevlar bead

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
You planning on blowing up a building or something?

120 psi is higher than most road bike tires.
maybe, but don't tell the government

up to 120psi rating, not saying I'm gonna run that high, but I'm tired of the sluggiishness of my holy rollers at 50 psi, and would like a tire more like a bmx tire since I mainly ride street.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
my kiniption is rated to 80, i run it at 60 right now, but need a bit more cuz i'm street like that. lol.
dunno what you need a high psi tire for.
check geax they have the tattoo light i believe its called. if that aint street enough for you, well then i dunno what is. your only other option would be a tioga fs100.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
my kiniption is rated to 80, i run it at 60 right now, but need a bit more cuz i'm street like that. lol.
dunno what you need a high psi tire for.
check geax they have the tattoo light i believe its called. if that aint street enough for you, well then i dunno what is. your only other option would be a tioga fs100.
Why would you not run a high rated psi tire? Normally lighter, more flickable less rolling resistance, same principle as bmx tires. Companys wouldn't make tires with such a high pressure rating if there wasn't a need.

I may go with the KHE's but someone else has to have seen the maxxis ad, it was in a fairly recent decline mag

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why would you not run a high rated psi tire?
Because I had a k-rad blow off my bike at 4am in a hotel room once.

If you've ever had that happen you know why. Now a 120psi tire? Homeland security gets involved.

Really though.....do your normal dj tires at 60-70 just not feel like that smooth granite wheel sensation you're after? Really?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Because I had a k-rad blow off my bike at 4am in a hotel room once.

If you've ever had that happen you know why. Now a 120psi tire? Homeland security gets involved.

Really though.....do your normal dj tires at 60-70 just not feel like that smooth granite wheel sensation you're after? Really?
I pumped my holy rollers up to 65 for a quick ride tonight, they feel pretty good as it is, but I'm about to replace my tires anyways so just thinking of upgrading while I'm at it. I also don't like the idea of running my tires at there max psi and having to worry about them blowing out