Quantcast

26 friendly BMX tracks near DC

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Hey guys, just looking for a track I can drive to and practice at when the weather warms up. Are their any tracks within a reasonable distance that'll allow mountain bikes to practice or race in cruiser class?

Thanks,
sd

Edit:

Msisle Dad said:
Chesapeake BMX in Severn MD , You need a full face to get in the gate. Wednesday nights @ 6pm... They do not ask for a license
a ward said:
They let me ride my 26" at the track in Woodbridge for races and gate practices. They do charge for gate practice and other practice, but it's like $3 or so. It is definitely one of the nicest tracks on the east coast. Everyone there is really nice. They are only open certain hours because it is run by Prince William County. It's on the property where the Cannons play.
Check out their site http://www.angelfire.com/va2/novabmx

Winchester has a track that is always open: it's in a park. It's not kept up very well, but it's still a track.

Richmond is about the same. The locals will let you race and ride no problem.

We tried to ride at the Hampton Super Track last year at the National, but they wouldn't let us register because we needed more people or there was some paperwork/points thing that I can't remember or something.

BMX definitely helps with fitness. Try and sprint the whole track and see what happens...

Check the NBL Website, I think they didn't have the thing about pads on the bike in the rules last year. You do need long pants, long sleeves, and either a full face or an open face with a mouth guard.
A Ward

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
d'oh... i was fully expecting a list of 26 different bmx tracks :rolleyes:

winchester has one that's free to the public.
there's one in price william county and one in woodbridge that are regular race tracks. i believe you can run 26ers in their cruiser class.