Quantcast

26" Holy Roller - grippy?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Quick question - does anyone use the 26" Maxxis holy rollers?

How grippy are they? Would you guys recommend them for front & back... for all-around street/dj/& sandhill (mtx, ds)?

thanks.

- dump

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
YES! i've been using those for a long time for dry and hard-pack conditions and swear by them. They're a little heavy, but it's worth it.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
I had a set on my Steelhead befo it got stolen. Loved 'em. They're not great in loose rock/ dirt when trailriding, but they were my do-it-all treads, and they never let me down. Literally.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
how about rolling resistance? i'm looking for a really fast fat city tire to burn through traffic. I've also came across what is supposidly a new lighter version of the Hookworms, originally labelled 'Hookworms 2'.....real deal?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
zedro said:
how about rolling resistance? i'm looking for a really fast fat city tire to burn through traffic. I've also came across what is supposidly a new lighter version of the Hookworms, originally labelled 'Hookworms 2'.....real deal?
dunno... I'm less concerned about this. The profile & hard 70duro compound seems to suggest these would roll pretty fast.

I always felt like the "sticky" compound of the hookworms made them feel sluggish.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
well, maxxis says the 26" hollyroller is 60a duro

another pic

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
im very happy with my holy rollers, the roll fast, and grip quite well... i ride mine for dj, and urban, ant the occasional dh run. i would say for anything that is just hardpack its a good choice

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
think I have my answer - thanks guys.
btw, where'd you pick them up - what did you pay?
thanks mang.