Quantcast

26 Inch Cruiser!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Macneil is releasing a 26IN cruiser... Look s promising... Now i have an Excuse to get my Wife a Bike and spend some quality time together....

ANy other BMX Companies making a 26inch Cruiser?

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
shame you probably wont be able to do much with it. but that girl is muy bueno.
It's not for me, it's for my wife.... I showed it to her and she likes it. If i can get her on a Cruiser, and we can ride about town just having fun, why not... Def. getting her the white one when they release....

Wifey doesn't do Tricks.. She says tricks are for kids!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
way to miss the boat. those 26" 'cruisers' look more like beach cruisers with different handlebars. just plain hideous...
i think they are not targeting the hardcore BMXer with that bike... i think they are targeting girls, women etc.... which is a great idea, because now my wife wants one... :-) so now i can ride with my wife, while i session something she can Cruise....

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

i like the old school looks of the sledgehammer.... but i'd way rather ride my MOB.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I see what Whoryder is talking about, just a casual cruiser. The Swobo looks like a XC bike and I'm digging the Sledgehammer. Still love the 20s tho.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
dave just give her the DOB don't waste more cash. I bought the wife a bullit because she wanted to ride Diablo well it never got used. Then she wanted to roadbike with me so I bought her an inexpensive Specialized and is a clothes rack they say they want to ride I think because they don't want you to have your own fun. Btw I got a good deal on a 24" mollose through Alain at DOB. Thanks for the info :biggrin:

cackalak

Chimp
Jun 29, 2009
Quick question---would something like the Sledgehammer be adequate for very very light dirt jumping and riding on some mild mountain bike trails? Of course, outfitted with some mtb tires.

I've been XC riding for a long time, but I've seen some dirt jumps around the trails I ride that seem pretty cool. I looked at some bikes, such as the Specialized P-series, Transition, etc., but didn't want to spend $1000 for a bike just yet. I wanted something that is cheaper. Which is why I was interested in the Sledgehammer. Any suggestions?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread....

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Quick question---would something like the Sledgehammer be adequate for very very light dirt jumping and riding on some mild mountain bike trails? Of course, outfitted with some mtb tires.

I've been XC riding for a long time, but I've seen some dirt jumps around the trails I ride that seem pretty cool. I looked at some bikes, such as the Specialized P-series, Transition, etc., but didn't want to spend $1000 for a bike just yet. I wanted something that is cheaper. Which is why I was interested in the Sledgehammer. Any suggestions?

The Sledgehammer would be fine for some dirt jumping. That photo above of the one hand no can is on a sledgehammer. You may also want to look at some of the complete 24" BMX cruisers (WTP, Fit, Giant, Subrosa, etc). That is another relatively inexpensive option for a DJ bike with bigger wheels.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
The Fit 24 is the best buy for complete 24" cruisers. Lighter then most full cromo frame fork bars. Best wheelset out of all the others decent gearing and the rear hub uses Odessey cogs so it will fit down to a 12t.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

There are some more inexpensive DJ-mtb's out there....

Take a look at the DK Asterik
http://oldskoolcycles.com/DK_Asterik.aspx

The Mongoose Ritual also has rad geometry--I don't care much for the RST Space fork on it though. The Haros have gotten a lot better too.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin

Volume's 2006 commercial about the Sledgehammer

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
local austin rider. Sledgehammer with marzocchi DJ fork. hah !

Last edited: