Quantcast

26 or 24!?!? dilema

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ok..dilema. im tempted to piick up a 24 dj/street bike.. i have ToP that i love to death. id like to ride more street and some park. ive thought of just getting a 20 (been a long time since i was on one), but really dont have room for 2 bikes in the apartment along with wrist/knee problems that the front susp helps. and to top it all off im a new toy whore and have some extra cash to burn. it would be one of the nemesis packages brad has for sale.. help a monkey out and convince to piss the money away on bike instead of hookers and blow...

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
IMO 24's are just the perfect size for street/DJ riding. they seem to carry the good features of both 20's and 26's and kind of put them into one.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
get a 26" bike with good geometry and buy an extra set of 24" wheels and swap them out from time to time.
i already have a Transition ToP. i thought about the wheels. grind down the dropouts to slam the wheel in and shorten the wheelbase up. I havent seen anyone really riding 24's on a Trail or Park though. Building up a dope set of 24s would be half the cost of getting the new frame too which would leave with enough cash for one hooker and a little bit of blow.

IMO 24's are just the perfect size for street/DJ riding. they seem to carry the good features of both 20's and 26's and kind of put them into one.
thats why im tempted.. id like a bit steeper head angle, the fact that building wheels with a 110x14 rear end is cheaper than a nice SS mtb hub.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
ok..dilema. im tempted to piick up a 24 dj/street bike.. i have ToP that i love to death. id like to ride more street and some park. ive thought of just getting a 20 (been a long time since i was on one), but really dont have room for 2 bikes in the apartment along with wrist/knee problems that the front susp helps. and to top it all off im a new toy whore and have some extra cash to burn. it would be one of the nemesis packages brad has for sale.. help a monkey out and convince to piss the money away on bike instead of hookers and blow...
Dude, what the hell are you waiting on...."extra Cash"? .... If I had extra money I'd be spending it on a new 24" bike right now.

In all seriousness, a 24" bike could be just the thing you need to sharpen up your game. The smaller wheels, dialed Geo, and lighter could be the kind of refresher you need to pull some of the tricks you've been trying for weeks, and can't seem to do. A new frame will do you well!

Go get it already, and STOP debating!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Dude, I say you need to chrome that TOP and then spend the left over dough on hookers and blow!! :lighten:

Man, if the whoops weren't your home spot, I'd say go for 24s in a heart beat. But, I don't know how smooth 24s would be up there. You could do it, just don't know if you'd like it more than 26s. :think: