Quantcast

26" tire width: K-Rad 2.3 vs. Holy Roller 2.4

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Hi there. Has anyone run these 2 back-to-back or else measured them on the same rim? Is the maxxis really bigger? How much stiffer are the Holy Roller's sidewalls compared to the K-Rad?

thanks!
-rob in NY

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just went from K-Rads to Holy Rollers about a week ago. The Holy Rollers are wider by about .5-1", they're a fair bit taller, and they have more consistent casings. The K-Rads have a floppy sidewall with a stiff top, but the Holy Rollers have a pretty thick casing all the way through.

The grip is much better on street and hardpack, but I've found they give out kinda suddenly. Where as the K-Rads always kinda slide around and make noise. I'm really glad I went to the Holy Rollers.

They're softer and more supple too.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
where are you going to run these tires? i find holyrollers to big so i have gone back to larsen 2.35 and 2.1 sometimes for all around.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i have holyrollers 2.4s in 24" - i find them way too wide for street.
i'm getting a tioga fs100 2.1 for the rear - will keep 2.4 holyroller upfront for trails, put fs100 upfront for street/park.

DCRAC3R

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Washington STATE
I just went from Kenda to maxxis about 3 weeks ago and I have never been happier. not only do the Maxxis tires hold up in sand, but pure mud also...I love those tires

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
bjanga said:
Bicyclist, would you run the roller (rear at least) for a light XC ride?
Not an ideal tread but the casing can handle it and the grip on trails is SOOOO much better than a K-rad.