Quantcast

26" updattte

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
how many checks can you have for one bike? more then a few:busted: weighed in at 27 lbs even at the LBS

has more of a street set up but works so well for everything..has the bars and stem off my fully since i bent my steel ones to hell:disgust1:.

new parts since last update:

identiti rebate

FSA Pig unsealed

SB8 rear

thompson stem

Easton monkey something bars.

tektro V

sorry for the blurry pic

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Well **** if you bent steel bars I'd fear those eastons like crazy.
eh. this will be the 4th alum bar i have ridden on this bike and have never had a problem with them. i've even used them with an older rigid i had. just sold 2 of them and used another for my fixie. i actually have done some big stuff with them where as i never even did anything real huge with the steel ones.

the steel ones i was running were the LTD race bars from atomlab. they were super light and made of what seemed to be a pretty soft metal i guess. atomlab makes awesome stuff, like my frame, i just don't think those bars can handle rigid abuse at all.

here's the race bars when they were just noticably bent, i rode them all through the day and bent them noticably worse.

Graydog

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
H-Town
Nice bike, I've been thinking about going rigid with my Trail Pimp. How does the Head angle and overall GEO feel with the Rebate. I've had my eye on one but the ATC looks pretty low.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Nice bike, I've been thinking about going rigid with my Trail Pimp. How does the Head angle and overall GEO feel with the Rebate. I've had my eye on one but the ATC looks pretty low.
everything feels really good with the rebate. i run like 3 spacers under my stem just because i like a bit more rise. i ran like 1 spacer under the stem with my pike for a reference. the rebate is awesome.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
nice and simple.

No more superstripe wheel though? haha.

Not sure if you ever mentioned before, did you get the 1420, or the Jump?
ha, nah i painted it over. the blue was good until i chipped the heck out of it. at this point im just wishing i would of never painted it in the first place.

i believe i have the 1420 version. not sure what the difference is. is the jump the model with 3/8's drops?

the bike looks a little different now, i put those bars and stem back on my heckler below. the atomlab now has a cheap longer stem and super wide special ed bars. feels really good. also has a moto digger on front, with the SB8 out back. weighs less then 27 lbs
: