Quantcast

26in of love

Jun 25, 2007
Canada
if it's 26inches of love yur talking about ... i still love this bike :monkeydance:

Frame: Supercross Evo IS 26” - removed braketabs 1633g
Fork: V!Z - 876g
Bars: Gusset Open Prison 3" - cut down 424g
Grips: ODI Subliminal BMX - calculated x2 32g cut
Stem: Blk Mkt Underboss Riser 211g
HS: Crank Bros Iodine DS 65g
HS Cap V!Z - threaded fork 11g
BB: Primo 22mm Euro 108g
Cranks: St Martin Hollow Flat 160mm 620g
St Martin Crank Bolt 17g
St Martin Crank Extractor 3g
St Martin Sprocket Washer 3g
St Martin 22mm Spacer 2g
Spkt: St Martin 18t 24g
Pedals: Ares 88 Plastic 320g
Chain: KHE Tanga 3/32 - cut extra links 221g
Fr Hub: KHE Geisha Light 36h 261g
Rr Hub: KHE Geisha Light 36h 9t 478g
KHE Hub Slack Spacer 0.5g
Shadow Al Bolts 3/8 - calculated x4 12g
Shadow Al Washer - calculated x4 4g
Pegs: KHE Alchemy PVC 3/8" - calculated x4 320g
Element Griptape - calculated x4 32g
Tires: Schwalbe Kojak 26x2.0 - calculated x2 994g
Tubes: Maxxis Ultralight 2.1 - calculated x2 512g
Rims: Atomlab Pimplites 26" - calculated x2 1040g
Atomlab Torque Spokes - calculated x2 389g
Atomlab Torque Nipples - calculated x2 45g
Vermillion Al Valve Caps - calculated x2 1g
--------------------------------------------
the total weight of this project is roughly +/- 20 lbs.

Last edited:

dirtjunkie

Chimp
May 9, 2008
Still waiting on my rear wheel to come in :disgust:

anyways. . .

then having a bit of fun at work when its rainy and cold out. . . . shark!!!

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
That blue frame is nice! You have a spec list?? I haven't got around to weighing it yet... Over the past couple of weeks I have been wanting to. I guess I will have to make a trip to the lbs today. Just have to remember not to buy anything else...

An0maly

Chimp
Apr 6, 2009
That blue frame is nice! You have a spec list?? I haven't got around to weighing it yet... Over the past couple of weeks I have been wanting to. I guess I will have to make a trip to the lbs today. Just have to remember not to buy anything else...
21.5" frame
Argyle
Spank bar
Blk mrkt stem
Saint brake
Evolve DH cranks
NC-17 mag pedals
Oddysey seat
Atomlab pimplite wheels
Tioga FS100 tyres

Yeh not sure how much mine weighs either, yours looks like it would be very light though. I have a mates who's tweet tweet is around 11kgs

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
21.5" frame
Argyle
Spank bar
Blk mrkt stem
Saint brake
Evolve DH cranks
NC-17 mag pedals
Oddysey seat
Atomlab pimplite wheels
Tioga FS100 tyres

Yeh not sure how much mine weighs either, yours looks like it would be very light though. I have a mates who's tweet tweet is around 11kgs
weighed it 3 times (25.1 -25.2-25.1) and that's with a bb5 and a halflink chain added after I posted the original pic. Just .2 lbs. more than my xc bike. Smaller tires and lighter wheels would lighten it up even more but I'm not trying to become a weight weenie...Not to mention that Minute is pretty light too.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Nice bike and jumps. :monkeydance:
Sweet!

...been tossing around the idea of getting a rigid fork. How is a rigid on a 26 compared to a 20? Is it a little less harsh at all, having the bigger wheels? My wrists are almost shot from the skating days and I don't ride my 20 much because of them. What are you're thoughts on riding a rigid 26??

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Sweet!

...been tossing around the idea of getting a rigid fork. How is a rigid on a 26 compared to a 20? Is it a little less harsh at all, having the bigger wheels? My wrists are almost shot from the skating days and I don't ride my 20 much because of them. What are you're thoughts on riding a rigid 26??
I like it. It forces you to (try to) be a little smoother. It is less forgiving, for sure. A little less harsh than a 20", but not much. See if you can borrow one from somebody to try it out first. Most of them will lower your bottom bracket and steepen up your front end a little. (Usually a good thing, in my opinion)

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Your trails and drainage turn me on a little. Sorry, everyone, if that's weird.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
heres my beast. i'll post a pic again soontimes when (hopefully) i get my answer pro tapers tomorrow.

actually looks alot better now. rear s-type, an actual ss kit. and a slimmer seat, along with smaller gearing.
and in the distant future, a black betty. along with some redline device cranks.

i also have a problem i need help with. since i have vertical dropouts, i dropped the tensioner. but my problem is that the current number of links i have now is so tight, i cant kick my cranks back so they spin freely, but when i add a single half link to the chain (kmc bmx chain), its so loose than when i torque the pedals a bit up a hill, it skips when my right pedal is forward. would it be alright if i filled the dropouts towards the seat/seat stays?

and yes, the next pic i have will not be filled with all that stuff my dad keeps in our garage.

Attachments

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i also have a problem i need help with. since i have vertical dropouts, i dropped the tensioner. but my problem is that the current number of links i have now is so tight, i cant kick my cranks back so they spin freely, but when i add a single half link to the chain (kmc bmx chain), its so loose than when i torque the pedals a bit up a hill, it skips when my right pedal is forward. would it be alright if i filled the dropouts towards the seat/seat stays?
You can always try changing your front sprocket by a tooth or 2 and see if that will improve your chain length.

I have filed dropouts before, just make sure there's enough material there that you won't risk structural integrity.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
You can always try changing your front sprocket by a tooth or 2 and see if that will improve your chain length.

I have filed dropouts before, just make sure there's enough material there that you won't risk structural integrity.
yeah they got filed, bu the non-drive side needs a bit more filing to get it dead center. although the stp will probs go for sale, i'm getting either a jackal, amp, or ducat.