Quantcast

27.5 miles of forest

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yesterday I rode around by Mt. Hood on a series of singletrack, doubletrack, complete rock, along rivers, deep into forests...you name it, I rode on it. The area is gorgeous with trees and rocks EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries after a few miles :(

Here's Mt. Hood in the background

Some could probably ride across the "bridge", I walked :)

I expected it to be muddier, but the trail was, for the most part, dry and fast. There were sections of snow and ice, but not much.

I came around the corner to see this and think, cool!

Then around the bend it got to be so the rocks weren't so friendly looking and flat, and then flattened out again into this switchback.

That's all folks. Great area to ride, lots of challenging climbs and winding rocky singletrack. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Heidi, what trail was that? We are heading down there on Friday for some riding at Post Canyon and race at Hood on Saturday. I'm glad to see the snow is finally melting.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ha - to be honest, I don't know. I was riding the Bear Springs Trap race course. So, we were on a billion different trails. I remember Camas was one of them, a lot weren't marked at all, they just crisscrossed the mountains and were really rocky.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Heidi said:
Ha - to be honest, I don't know. I was riding the Bear Springs Trap race course. So, we were on a billion different trails. I remember Camas was one of them, a lot weren't marked at all, they just crisscrossed the mountains and were really rocky.
Oh okay, I know where that is:) Cool trails, I :love: rocks. Maybe we'lll hit that Memorial Day weekend on our way to, or from Bend.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Is this the area that's supposed to be put on the Wilderness Designation that supposedly is going to still allow mt. bikes? Hopefully they don't pull a double-cross on that...