Quantcast

27 pounds, 5" front and rear........

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
My new motolite! Due to some LBS problems I wasn't able to get it together in time to go to Flagstaff, but I wound up with a URI, and after putting in 34 hours at work in the last 48 hours I really was too tired to go anyway.

06 Motolite
07 TALAS 32R fork
Raceface deus cranks and stem
Sram X9 der/shifters.
pc991 hollow pin chain
easton EC-70 monkey lite bar
Crossmax-enduro rims
Juicy 7 disc brakes

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
N8 said:
Nice! My Racer-X is 26.5 lbs...

Your racer-x is a sweet. The motolite is about half a pound heavier than the standard racer-x frame, not sure about the 29'er. Before the Tour of the White Mountains I'll probably change the tires, and cut about a pound off.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I rode a motolite a few years ago. I was able to pinch the seat between my knees and flex the frame by wrenching on the handlebars. Have they stiffened them up since then?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Damn Reactor, nice! I was all geared up to go to Flag this morning but last night my dog ran away while I was at the bar and bit somebody. I had to stick around to talk with Animal Control and now I'm out about $500. Seriously.

Hope all is going well with the new rig up there!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
macko said:
Damn Reactor, nice! I was all geared up to go to Flag this morning but last night my dog ran away while I was at the bar and bit somebody. I had to stick around to talk with Animal Control and now I'm out about $500. Seriously.

!
Cut your dog's head off with a Ciaran approved sword. And give the head (and cutlets) to the bite victim. It is the least you could do. BBQ sauce would be a nice apologetic touch, as well. Your dog deserves to die, so it might as well be a flavorful BBQ, to boot!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Skookum said:
Nice i wish i had a light bikey.

I have a real stable of bikes now. The motolite for with a short top tube for xc , light trail stuff, and major climbfests, the Switchblade (with a long top tube) for the trail and long distance stuff, and the Enduro for the serious heavy duty stuff.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
macko said:

Wow, sorry to hear that. Hope it wasn't too serious?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
NICE RIG!

I have to question the weight though, my soveirgn is built with a lighter parts kit (X.0, XT Cranks, Juicy Carbons, Carbon Everything that can be)...and is still heavier...:think:...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
NICE RIG!

I have to question the weight though, my soveirgn is built with a lighter parts kit (X.0, XT Cranks, Juicy Carbons, Carbon Everything that can be)...and is still heavier...:think:...

The motolite frame is lighter than a some hardtails and my scale is only accurate withing a half a pound. I need a nice digital scale.

That being said the Evil Sovereign weighs 6/10ths of a pound more than a motolite frame. The Deus cranks are about the same weight as the XT, I use crank brothers twin TI pedals which are super light. The deus stem is about the lightest around, I have carbon bars, and a terry fly TI saddle(which is superlight). The only thing left is the Thompson elite post, which is worth the slight weight penality, and the juicy7s which are about 50-60 grams heiver than the carbons.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Reactor said:
The motolite frame is lighter than a some hardtails and my scale is only accurate withing a half a pound. I need a nice digital scale.

That being said the Evil Sovereign weighs 6/10ths of a pound more than a motolite frame. The Deus cranks are about the same weight as the XT, I use crank brothers twin TI pedals which are super light. The deus stem is about the lightest around, I have carbon bars, and a terry fly TI saddle(which is superlight). The only thing left is the Thompson elite post, which is worth the slight weight penality, and the juicy7s which are about 50-60 grams heiver than the carbons.
Cool, good to know, maybe my scale is a bit off and my bike is lighter than i though. I am running a wtb ti saddle, thompson stem, 31.8 carbon bar, candys (the regular ones)...I guess i can see it. Eitherway killer bike esp at that weight, the 36 is a weapon.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Cool, good to know, maybe my scale is a bit off and my bike is lighter than i though. I am running a wtb ti saddle, thompson stem, 31.8 carbon bar, candys (the regular ones)...I guess i can see it. Eitherway killer bike esp at that weight, the 36 is a weapon.

ah...it's a TALAS 32r not a 36r so there's another 1 1/2 pounds. I've got a 36r on my Enduro, and it's a great fork, but this bike is built to be as light as possible without being stupid.