Quantcast

%*%

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies... I was up at 5:30 with legs of steel, I feel full of energy because 20 hour work weeks are the bomb!

Raining again today so it looks like housework and laundry when I get home. I'm taking tomorrow off to bond with my new bike like it's a new puppy or recently purchased crack baby.

That and raining again today... did I mention that?

EDIT: Screw housework, screw laundry... new bike is in Great Falls and will be delivered today!!!

Life be grand!

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Confusing title is confusing.

Crap night of sleep. I think I ate dinner too late. Ugh day ahead.

Another ride yesterday with the almost new rear hub acting up. I'll be taking that apart, again, and hopefully find a problem. :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to be flying out for work on Sunday evening, with all the snow forecast debating whether that's going to happen or not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Crap night of sleep. I think I ate dinner too late. Ugh day ahead.

Another ride yesterday with the almost new rear hub acting up. I'll be taking that apart, again, and hopefully find a problem. :mad:
Hope: It's indestructible.

Ran last night. 2.5 miles as a blistering 10:50 pace. It was Layla's first run and she listened pretty well, although she did take a few shin shots to her back leg while she was getting sorted out. She go home and proceeded to sleep from 8pm to 6am.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:stupid:

I guess this is the GMT?

PT for me this morning. Vet for the dog this afternoon. Was going to do some sprinkler work, but since all this snow talk, I say fuck it, I'll do it next week.

Ran last night. 2.5 miles as a blistering 10:50 pace.
Thats what I'm talking about, not this crazy IAB sub 6:30 pace talk. Hi five!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thats what I'm talking about, not this crazy IAB sub 6:30 pace talk. Hi five!
I just want to get back down to my 8:30 pace within the next 2 months.

On a side note, Schwab's website it down right now.[/quote]

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sold the 1969 Volvo, sort of. Buyer is a bit squirrely and can't pick it up for a few weeks. I do however have a $200 deposit.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello iirc. Nobody else showed for the masters group swim this morning, so I got a private one hour coaching session. 2200 yards done, which included a 1000 yard test. Bike ride tonight! Poop now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of the guys I work with is a hard-core go Trump, flex our military muscle kind of guy (thumps the book too). With the Russian fly-overs in the Baltic Sea yesterday, he is saying that we should "show the world our strength and how much of a petulant child Russia is". It's painful. I laid out our military strength, both physical and fiscal, and what our economic sanctions have done to the country in the last 1.5 years. Refuses to look at it and insists that we need to piss on the ground to prove our strength because "the liberal government has weakened our military so much Russia thinks they can push us around". :banghead:

Fucking idiots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of the guys I work with is a hard-core go Trump, flex our military muscle kind of guy (thumps the book too). With the Russian fly-overs in the Baltic Sea yesterday, he is saying that we should "show the world our strength and how much of a petulant child Russia is". It's painful. I laid out our military strength, both physical and fiscal, and what our economic sanctions have done to the country in the last 1.5 years. Refuses to look at it and insists that we need to piss on the ground to prove our strength because "the liberal government has weakened our military so much Russia thinks they can push us around". :banghead:

Fucking idiots.
you should show him your military might, and smash his head with a VANOS

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sold the 1969 Volvo, sort of. Buyer is a bit squirrely and can't pick it up for a few weeks. I do however have a $200 deposit.
This is the one with the fancy injection system you rigged up? Or do you have multiple vehicles in the front yard? :D

you should show him your military might, and smash his head with a VANOS
He'd probably throw out his back picking it up.

I am possibly going to be sucked into doing thyroid biopsies today. I did quite a few of them in fellowship... but that was 2013-2014. Person assigned to that called in sick, and the other person who does them in my section is probably in the mountains, for all I know.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is the one with the fancy injection system you rigged up? Or do you have multiple vehicles in the front yard? :D

He'd probably throw out his back picking it up.

I am possibly going to be sucked into doing thyroid biopsies today. I did quite a few of them in fellowship... but that was 2013-2014. Person assigned to that called in sick, and the other person who does them in my section is probably in the mountains, for all I know.
Selling off my hillbilly 3rd car. This had a fancy weber side-draft setup. Inspiration for the fancy side draft injection system. It was my tinkering R&D test sled.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
kings require proprietary tools. good luck.

what exactly is your issue?
I know. After borrowing them last time I recently bought the tool.

The issue is the drive ring lagging and not engaging. ex: climbing everything is fine, coasting/descending I can pedal and the drive doesn't engage. I've already partially disassembled, cleaned, lubed and it went away, but came back on yesterday's ride. No bueno. I suspect some grit holding the driver from sliding into mesh with the hub body, or some problem with the spring that preloads the drive ring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know. After borrowing them last time I recently bought the tool.

The issue is the drive ring lagging and not engaging. ex: climbing everything is fine, coasting/descending I can pedal and the drive doesn't engage. I've already partially disassembled, cleaned, lubed and it went away, but came back on yesterday's ride. No bueno. I suspect some grit holding the driver from sliding into mesh with the hub body, or some problem with the spring that preloads the drive ring.
oh, i know your problem. you should have bought a hadley.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
realistically though, you might be using too viscous of a lube.
I always used 90wt gear oil in my kings. It is what King used decades ago, but they switched because it didn't work well below 0 degrees. Not a problem for me. It makes cleaning easy. Drain old oil, flush with WD-40, top off with new oil.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You know. Those times when life just repeatedly kicks you in the balls. I got to take yesterday off work because my wife and I got a call Tuesday night at 11:30pm that our daycare lady had died from a heart attack. She was maybe late 50s. So now the wife and I get to scramble to find a solution, that definitely won't be as cheap as we were paying. FML.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know. Those times when life just repeatedly kicks you in the balls. I got to take yesterday off work because my wife and I got a call Tuesday night at 11:30pm that our daycare lady had died from a heart attack. She was maybe late 50s. So now the wife and I get to scramble to find a solution, that definitely won't be as cheap as we were paying. FML.
Shit balls. That's similar (but way worse than) to how we ended up at Primrose. Our lady had cancer and we had 2 weeks to figure it out. Generally the top-level daycare/schools will be Montessori, Goddard, and Primrose. All will be expensive though. One concern we had was that Montessori schools have to standard of quality; it's just a name. We looked at Kindercare too, but that really was just glorified daycare until the age of 4.

Good luck.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, not the best choice of words. It's the latest thing in the last few months of personal stuff the wife and I have been dealing with. She was pretty much family to us. Our kid loved going there, we trusted her. I realize our problem doesn't trump what her family is dealing with. Anyone with kids that doesn't stay at home with them knows how much of a cluster F it is to try and find someone you can trust to watch them during the day, adding to that trying to find something last minute. Even visiting a few places yesterday reminds us how shitty some of these places are.

Also makes you appreciate what you got since you might get your time card of existence punched any day. There are no guarantees.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shit balls. That's similar (but way worse than) to how we ended up at Primrose. Our lady had cancer and we had 2 weeks to figure it out. Generally the top-level daycare/schools will be Montessori, Goddard, and Primrose. All will be expensive though. One concern we had was that Montessori schools have to standard of quality; it's just a name. We looked at Kindercare too, but that really was just glorified daycare until the age of 4.

Good luck.
if you have access to bright horizons they are good too.