Quantcast

%*%

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if you have access to bright horizons they are good too.
We took Haley to one a few times when Dee was on vacation and she liked it. Montessori based school model minus the age integration, which is the point of Montessori...

I did see a few infants take wicked hits falling off toys because there were not enough eyes watching them. That was our #2 choice but sealed the deal for Primrose.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We took Haley to one a few times when Dee was on vacation and she liked it. Montessori based school model minus the age integration, which is the point of Montessori...

I did see a few infants take wicked hits falling off toys because there were not enough eyes watching them. That was our #2 choice but sealed the deal for Primrose.
the one we use is exclusive to our employer, and they are very good. plus it is on-site at my wife's office.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
the one we use is exclusive to our employer, and they are very good. plus it is on-site at my wife's office.
You also work for a big co, so they can enforce standards. We had them as free backup when I was still at JPM.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You also work for a big co, so they can enforce standards. We had them as free backup when I was still at JPM.
true. the quality is very good. they enforce a maximum # of children per teacher, which gives good oversite.

a big bonus is that they have a kitchen on-site. so food is included. we just send in bottles/sippies, diapers/wipes, and spare clothes.

ours has good curriculum too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
true. the quality is very good. they enforce a maximum # of children per teacher, which gives good oversite.

a big bonus is that they have a kitchen on-site. so food is included. we just send in bottles/sippies, diapers/wipes, and spare clothes.

ours has good curriculum too.
That sounds a lot like Primrose.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
All that unsupervised $hit and getting hurt by toys - that's good for 'em. Builds character.

We sent our kids to various church "preschool" programs and the last one got to go to the preschool associated with the other boys' elementary school. All very reasonable (this was on 1 income) and the kids enjoyed it.

Actually, I don't know if the little f**kers actually enjoyed it, but it gave my wife (and me later) some quiet time during the day.

:D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hah! My mama didn't work, she played canasta, drank gin fizzies and played tennis, also rode her bike a lot - baby sitting was done by the staff at the Pinery Country Club outside of Parker Colorado. The 70s were a kick ass time to be unsupervised. Plus drugs weren't bad yet.

I'm guessing BIKE.
View media item 2785

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hah! My mama didn't work, she played canasta, drank gin fizzies and played tennis, also rode her bike a lot - baby sitting was done by the staff at the Pinery Country Club outside of Parker Colorado. The 70s were a kick ass time to be unsupervised. Plus drugs weren't bad yet.

I'm guessing BIKE.
View media item 2785
My mother just smoked and listened to Paul Harvey on the radio. After about 5 years old I could come and go as I pleased. I wasn't allowed to leave the neighborhood and had to be home before dark. The "neighborhood" included about 800 acres of woods and trails.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Very excited! Just got a message from my CPA that he needs my bank info. Taxes aren't done yet, but he needs it to complete the process. He's never needed it, as I have had to pay every year for the last five. So excited!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Very excited! Just got a message from my CPA that he needs my bank info. Taxes aren't done yet, but he needs it to complete the process. He's never needed it, as I have had to pay every year for the last five. So excited!
Unexpected cash in the spring time should always lead to a new bike, or at least your own seat post.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Expecting 8-12" of snow in the next few days. Guess the snows are going back on again. %$#%^$%%#

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Is that a goat for a competitive cyclist?
I do not know... I know most of their stuff is full on retail but their clearance crap has pretty good pricing.

I have the bars and wheels on but my camera has low battery, needs to charge for an hour, This thing cant weigh much more than 31LBS. It also has the same wheel base as my Sugar but has nearly 2" inches more travel and 1 inch less bottom bracket height... I'm gonna need to lose weight. :)

EDIT: Battery charges faster than I thought:
EDIT AGAIN: Measured wrong, wheel base 2" longer overall about 3" longer a med Sugar.

View media item 2786

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can totally relate to all of the child daycare problems. :( I try my best to limit the dog's home alone time. No more than eight hours if I can help it.
I try to go outside several times a day to check on mine and my wifes bikes to make sure they're not lonely or if they need any attention.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My mother just smoked and listened to Paul Harvey on the radio. After about 5 years old I could come and go as I pleased. I wasn't allowed to leave the neighborhood and had to be home before dark. The "neighborhood" included about 800 acres of woods and trails.
Sounds about right. If we didn't make ourselves scarce we'd end up getting the barn-shit-shoveling or wood splitting or some other less-than-desirable task. Much preferable to spend the whole day back in the swamp.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's f*ing April! You told me to take them off this time last year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good thing I'm still running the Nokians on both vehicles until July or so. I am temporarily poor thanks to plane tickets to Tokyo x whole family. I figure July's safe for not finding snow, unless I head waaay up in the mountains. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I do not know... I know most of their stuff is full on retail but their clearance crap has pretty good pricing.

I have the bars and wheels on but my camera has low battery, needs to charge for an hour, This thing cant weigh much more than 31LBS. It also has the same wheel base as my Sugar but has nearly 2" inches more travel and 1 inch less bottom bracket height... I'm gonna need to lose weight. :)

EDIT: Battery charges faster than I thought:
EDIT AGAIN: Measured wrong, wheel base 2" longer overall about 3" longer a med Sugar.

View media item 2786
Nice bong collection.