(((((*?*)))))

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
wells-2212974_1280.jpg

Well what?

edit: holy cow this coffee is good.
Selling a pair of skis later this morning, then a bit of work to play catch up from a couple days of traveling. I'd love to get a bike ride later or tomorrow. Need to get an oil change on the car too.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sierra Trading Post is down the street, grand opening today. Probably gonna check that out, then stop by the Home Good’s store next to it. And maybe pop in to Hobby Lobby. Thinking about a ride later, don’t know if we’ll have time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One beer turned into six and up until 3am last night. Ugh.

Been raining all morning. All the trails around here are nothing but rock slabs and chunky roots. Should be interesting ride today...

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Daniel Ridge parking lot was packed yesterday, but I didn’t run into another rider until 4 hours into the ride. Did come across at least 60 hikers though.
The creek side of Daniels has seen a huge increase in hikers. I try to avoid except early hours. Most hikers are cool and can’t believe bikes come down that, and we are a very courteous group on the bikes. However, there is a handful of fucksticks that hike up there with their poodle or cat in a backpack and get pissed as yer ripp’n down and scare the shit out of them while they are selfie sticking for the insta. The look on their faces is priceless.

But in general the Pizz is way crowded these days, we are loving our forests to the point of fucking shit up. This is why I try and get out on weekends super early. Just avoid that whole shitshow.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
When people refer to middle black, is that the part after it crosses clawhammer road? Or is that down after the fire pit?
i think of middle black as the part where you turn right at the fire pit, do the short steep climb, then hit the rowdy stuff until the intersection. lower is the flowy part from that intersection on; upper is the part where you turn left at the fire pit, go up the stairs, pass the shelter, etc., until the avery area. @Dirtrider -mostly correct?

I need to get over to pisgah proper a bit more...

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
i think of middle black as the part where you turn right at the fire pit, do the short steep climb, then hit the rowdy stuff until the intersection. lower is the flowy part from that intersection on; upper is the part where you turn left at the fire pit, go up the stairs, pass the shelter, etc., until the avery area. @Dirtrider -mostly correct?

Yes. U are correct.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

What fire pit are you referring to ? The one at the intersection on Black and Maxwell Cove rd or another one ?

If you don't have time to ride BM from the end of Clawhammer, then you can turn right on Maxwell and then hike a bike Left up the rowdy bits and then turn around. Which is what I did yesterday. Either way you go it still ends up being around an hour to get to the trail.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
One of my best friends has a 40th birthday party today. I’ll be going to The Pleasure Chest to acquire an embarrassing novelty product.
And I’m now in possession of an 11” expansion plug called the Intimidator. “Made in America” on the label makes me feel patriotic. It’s almost a shame to wrap it up and give it away.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
And I’m now in possession of an 11” expansion plug called the Intimidator. “Made in America” on the label makes me feel patriotic. It’s almost a shame to wrap it up and give it away.
Try it nao?

Realized damp&leafy fall had arrived and I needed bigger rubber in the rear, HRII is there now. Suff's too wet today but planning to ride tomorrow and then do some DH at Thunder on Monday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hike was fun. creeks were mostly dry; wife told kids you could find geodes in dry creekbeds so they spent much of the afternoon smashing rox.

grilling it nao.