Blind 29er hate.
even blinder opinion of himself "keeping it real" riding stupid 27.5

#264LYFBRO

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
LoicLogic™:

Rigging up data acquisition to the bike to adjust suspension settings to go faster. OK

Increasing wheel size....from 26" to 27.5" to go faster. OK

Increasing wheel size..... from 27.5" to 29" to go faster. NOT OK

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
27.5 was ok because there was a worse alternative - 29ers. 29ers will be fine once 36ers are released.

Skinsuits will be fine as well once Mankinis are showing up.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Is he a little salty because his prototype 29er looks like it was cobbled together at the last minute?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
So we've got 29ers from Trek, Commencal, Santa Cruz, Bergamont, Specialized, Mondraker, Pivot and Intense.

Luckily none of the big players are getting behind this 29er nonsense.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Wagon WHeels Everywhere......jpg

How many on here have a 2017 DH bike? If I buy another DH bike and the geo/fit is correct I would have no issue with a 29" bike. But I dont want an XL that has a 17.5" reach or a 1150 WB on it.....

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Blind 29er hate.
even blinder opinion of himself "keeping it real" riding stupid 27.5

#264LYFBRO

He's literally one of the few people to have actually ridden and tested times on a 29er DH bike, so using the term "Blind" is ironic at best. His interview isn't actually that hard to understand either, he makes some points to support his position regardless if we agree with it or not (the point about tracks is echoed by a lot of pro racers, and we are merely spectators in this, so I'll listen to the riders vs internet lizards). He's also known to chirp and joke around a lot, which is clear in the interview. The only person with blind hate seems to be you ;) :P

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
He's literally one of the few people to have actually ridden and tested times on a 29er DH bike, so using the term "Blind" is ironic at best. His interview isn't actually that hard to understand either, he makes some points to support his position regardless if we agree with it or not (the point about tracks is echoed by a lot of pro racers, and we are merely spectators in this, so I'll listen to the riders vs internet lizards). He's also known to chirp and joke around a lot, which is clear in the interview. The only person with blind hate seems to be you ;) :P
Yes, no one else has ever raced 29ers DH, in the history of the universe.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
His interview isn't actually that hard to understand either, he makes some points to support his position regardless
Yeah I thought he was fine, especially the bit where they talk about Vouilloz and Sven tries to say riding a 29er is exactly the same as the minor upgrades that Nico's bike had over others. It's not even close, Loic was bang on.

I think if the interviewer stopped being a dick, the interview would have been shorter and made more sense. I know it was tongue-in-cheek but it still made for a lame interview with a guy who is IMO very fast, very passionate, and probably would have had more interesting things to talk about if given the chance.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Yes, no one else has ever raced 29ers DH, in the history of the universe.
Yes a 'few' have :monkeydance:

Loic certainly sounds like a grumpy cat but I believe a 20% of it is his passion for the sport and 80% his enjoyment in trolling and joking around.

Yeah I thought he was fine, especially the bit where they talk about Vouilloz and Sven tries to say riding a 29er is exactly the same as the minor upgrades that Nico's bike had over others. It's not even close, Loic was bang on.

I think if the interviewer stopped being a dick, the interview would have been shorter and made more sense. I know it was tongue-in-cheek but it still made for a lame interview with a guy who is IMO very fast, very passionate, and probably would have had more interesting things to talk about if given the chance.
thats my take on it, but I've spent a lot of time around french people so maybe I get their 'humor'?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
especially the bit where they talk about Vouilloz and Sven tries to say riding a 29er is exactly the same as the minor upgrades that Nico's bike had over others. It's not even close, Loic was bang on.

The difference between Vouilloz and Palmer had fuck all to do with the bikes they rode.