Quantcast

29er color?

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
I asked this question on that "other" forum, so we'll see who has a better answer.
Any recommendations for my frame color?
One color (cheaper) and it'll have a simple decal (in other words no panels)
Pics are alwasy welcome.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Greyish blue
or Grey metallic

You can't tell in this photo but this paint had some type of metallic flake in it that really sparkled in the sunlight.

Looked stealthy from a distance - but up close it shimmered nicely! :thumb:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
One of my favorite bikes I have ever owned was a pink Hutch Trickstar back around 1984. I loved that bike and the color was awesome. I think a pink 29er would be the sh1t.

ByStickel

Chimp
Nov 8, 2007
WNC (via nj,ca,tx,in,&va)
Depends.

Light if you want to show it off. Dark if you don't want anyone focusing in on it. Day-glow if you want people to take notice, but don't want them to be able to focus in on anything without doing moderate damage to their retinas.

And I prefer lighter colors when doing powdercoat because powder is a softer material that shows small scratches more readily. Those small lines can create a haze that obscures subtle tones. Less of an issue with paint, provided you can keep paint on the bike.

I kinda like pastels, lately: bright but subtle, but I'm thinking that maybe you need olive with a cream vinyl panel and black decals.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
One of my favorite bikes I have ever owned was a pink Hutch Trickstar back around 1984. I loved that bike and the color was awesome. I think a pink 29er would be the sh1t.
Except pink isn't compatible with a 29er. 29er specific colors don't include rootbeer or sea foam either.

vecsus

Chimp
Sep 18, 2004
The reason you got a poor response on the "other forum" is that the question is pretty stupid. Pick a color you like. Do you leave all your life decisions to other people? Do you ask your co-workers what color tie to wear? Do you need help picking out what to order from a menu?

Surely you have SOME idea what color you'd like. Or start by ruling certain colors out and see what's left.

vecsus

Chimp
Sep 18, 2004
Hey vecsus - no need to go off on the guy here. Chill out will ya.
Come on....everyone here has to admit it's a pretty lame question to ask in a forum. Right up there with "what saddle/pedals/stem/brakes/cables for my 29er?" There is nothing 29er specific with color or generic parts. You wanna talk 29er tires, rims, tubes, or spokes then fine. But COLOR is a completely personal preference. The guy managed to find this forum so he can certainly manage to find a website with paint/powdercoat color options and figure out what HE likes best.

Asking a question like that in a forum will only result in a list of people's personal preferences - leaving the OP in the same place he started - making his own decision based on his own sense of style.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Asking a question like that in a forum will only result in a list of people's personal preferences - leaving the OP in the same place he started - making his own decision based on his own sense of style.
Yes, after maybe a dozen or so people suggest colors and then he makes a decision. Could you imagine that somebody would point out a color that the OP didn't originally think of...
I agree these type of "what should I..." topics are gay, but don't come over on RM and be a douchebag. Click over to something else and stop wasting your time by being a dick.