Quantcast

29'er SS for the fat ****

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
In taking someone's advice I have been sprinkling in more just long, flat, not challenging rides as a compliment to trying to get skinny on challenging single track here in Phoenix.

Problem is, I live in the hood. The ride I do is along the Phoenix canal, which is handy as I can just roll out the door from my house and pedal. As I ride I go through some places that I don't want to take my Yeti into, as getting shot/stabbed and robbed just isn't rad.

So I want a 29" single speed that I can just go out and crank away on. I am 240#, and like to crank along.

Was hoping to find a Yeti Big Top on the used for cheap, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Any advice?

Flyin_W

Chimp
Jan 4, 2013
With a fully loaded pack, I'm near #230, and have been both enjoying & beating the snot out of this...

2010 Kona Unit. While the FS geared bike collects dust.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
why not buy a normal SS?
plus

I know whatcha mean about rolling through the hood. Our greenway not only runs along the sewer and smells like swamp ass in the summer, but it goes right by the projects. I know of three assaults by multiple attackers in less than a year. I personally saw two of the victims, who were beaten bloody, afterwards and helped get the local po-po on site.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Step one: Go to local bike co-op/collective.
Step two: earn/purchase/barter a crappy MTB bike in your size.
Step three: make that bitch a SS.
Step four: ride it and probably get robbed. Or not.
Step five: Don't look robbable. It might help in the not getting robbed department.