Quantcast

29er tire suggestions

Anybody with some advice on a good set of all around 29er tires? Interested in a lot of traction up front and less rolling resistance in the back. I live in NC, so the conditions are always changing and we get everything from dust bowl dry to peanut butter mud. I was going to buy some maxxis ignitors, but after reading the reviews on MTBR I held off.

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
Kenda small block for the rear. I know the tire doesn't look like it would work great but it does. Grips great, rolls very well and surprisingly sheds mud well. I mainly ride in western PA, lots of rain, loamy, roots, and rocks. I really love the tire and will get another when it wears out. For the front I am running an ignitor, I like it but will probably try something else next time. But the small block will stay on the back.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Rampage in front, and a CST Critter 2.1 in back. But I'm in the Rockies, and this combo would no doubt suck for mud riding. I'm pleased with the Critter. Rolls ver y well for a knobby, and the sidewalls seem like they're gonna be much sturdier than the Nanos that I'd been running out back. Yeah, I gained 100 grams, but for $14/tire, so worth it.
- Joe