Quantcast

29er Tires

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I've been commuting on Schwalbe Big Apples, but wanna go knobs and actually get my Karate Monkey dirty... Suggestions?

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
The Bontrager tire is good, as is the WTB Mutonraptor. The Nano's work suprisingly well and roll really fast, but if conditions are sloppy they suck.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
You ride a monkey?

I've got nanoraptors and a moto on my KM. They work great and the nano has low rolling resistance. Just picked up some exiwolf's and they look rad. Going to throw them on next week, along with some new brakes and my Surly Karate Monkey shirt and Surly socks! The Bontrager Jones XCR tires seem ok, low rolling, some what aggressive tread.

The Ito

seabass

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
knoxville, tn
ito said:
You ride a monkey?

The Ito
I know this question/remark wasn't aimed at me, but I do have a monkey and it's one of the best bikes I have ever had. People don't know what to think when they see it and my UZZI VPX w/ a 888 on my bike rack. Talk about the two ends of the spectrum in mountain biking.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
How do you like the whole 29er rigid SS thing? I was thinking of building either a 26 or 29er rigid SS, and I can't make my mind up. The problem with a 29'er is rims and tires because they won't be the same as my other bikes.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I dig the WTB Exiwolfs. I was running Mythos, but I much prefer the Exi's because they're considerably wider.
I know people here hate MTBR, but the 29er forum there is reasonably intelligent and full of good info. try there for more tire suggestions.