Quantcast

2High (Duthie Int line) - Sat 01/30

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Howzit,

I have been away for two weeks and am looking fwd to getting out and making some more progress at the end of 2High.

Last time out Jeepmauler and I added about 30 feet of trail after the table top and were setting up for a another big jump before the end of the trail.

I will be out Saturday to try get er done...prolly try get out before 9. Really ****ty weather cancels, but there hasnt been a day yet that has been that bad.

Look forward to seeing any of you dudes who regularly show up and throw a hand....you dudes rock.

Any info on how the trail is hitting / holding up would be appreciated...

Adios

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Thanks for the additional mileage! If you've been away, you may also notice some settling here and there in the line for a bucket brigade touch up. The loop around is also dialed up more as well. I'll be adding to my sad snow conditions daily total but will be there in spirit. (Note that there is already a hike over to the SW XC climb out that you may want to block...)

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I haven't been out since the day after Dave and I added the new section.The sunday after,myself and Ian (Duval OG) added a bunch of radius to the berms to try and get them to flow INTO each other a little better.....that section is a work in progress and will take some tweaking to get the flow down and the speed UP.Probably pretty hammered after 2 weeks with no TLC and heavy use....we shall see.

Will try and make it out there but I have a new('08) Cowan and all it wants to do is flow @ the DJ's:D

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
I have a new('08) Cowan and all it wants to do is flow @ the DJ's:D
Right on....dude! Hope to see you...I would dig to run my idea for the exit of that berm by you...i think it needs a back side...so that you can pump the back side (no..not like that)...to keep speed....cant explain on the interweb

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Right on....dude! Hope to see you...I would dig to run my idea for the exit of that berm by you...i think it needs a back side...so that you can pump the back side (no..not like that)...to keep speed....cant explain on the interweb
Makes sense to me... :thumb:
I might make it out Sunday...maybe see you there Jeff (I'm horrible with names, but I think that's it...right jeepmauler? :D), by the way it sounds anyhow.

~Scott

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
We will be out there on Sunday as well, Dave. We have to figure something out with your entrance...and fast. Lots of people are just rolling over the berm on our line to cut to your line.

You got his name right, Scott - bonus points!!!

BTW - 2 High is running exceptionally well. I could go as far to say it is awesome!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
You got his name right, Scott - bonus points!!!
Well in all fairness I did cheat a little, his name was still up on the shop computer when I wrote that. :thumb:

Maybe I'll finally get to meet you DWB guys tomorrow. hah (I think a few years back you gave me an invite to the DWB myspace group...haha)

~Scott

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Well....I didn't make it to Duthie:rolleyes: I really wanted to play with my new Cowan so I did a TOUR DE DJ SPOTS OF SEATTLE:weee: The second stop was Greenlake and did you guys know someone built a killer skate park there!!:confused: J/K....J/k........I had heard of it but thats how long it's been since I've been there:D Jumps looked great.....I did pick up a little trash so as not to be a total slacker. Took a while to get the mainline down but finally got all the way through a bunch of times so that was fun.Noone was around due to the steady drizzle....after a bit a ripper name Brian(black EVIL) showed up....destroyed...then took off..gangster:thumb:

The wife and I will be @ Duthie tomarrow...so if you see a little chick on a Red Bullet....watch out...she's kinda squirly and might take you out:rofl:

jdusto

Chimp
Dec 19, 2009
Jeepmauler ...

You might not recognize the last part of 2High. With the help of DirtCorps, the existing run got tweaked just a little :D

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
We will be out there on Sunday as well, Dave. We have to figure something out with your entrance...and fast. Lots of people are just rolling over the berm on our line to cut to your line.
!
Sheeyat....I didnt notice it on Saturday.

Lets talk man...I am up for ideas. Its kinda what we spoke about previously...but we never implemented

PM with your email / number. I can make it out this week to do something.

Adios

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Geoffers - how was your Sunday?
It was awesome....even though we didn't make it to Duthie:rolleyes::D

Heather and I spent a couple hours @ Greenlake jumps then a couple @ Colonade. Had a great time.

I'm leaving work @ noon today, H and I are headed to Duthie!! Can't wait to see the end of 2HI and the end of HLC...DWB AND Dirt Corp as well!!! So much killer stuff so little time!!!

Hope your Sunday was good Dave....I'm sure it was:D

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
blah blah, blah blah, blah blah, words.....

Mutton, where are the pics brotha? I know you're a digging machine, but really.....you can't break out the camera for 10 minutes? ;)

EB

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
Geoffers - how was your Sunday?
We had a great time out there today, Dave! What a gas that trail is!! I like the addition to the bottom :D.

The wife and I will be @ Duthie tomarrow...so if you see a little chick on a Red Bullet....watch out...she's kinda squirly and might take you out:rofl:

HEY!! I resemble that remark :rant:! Who fell down today and who cleared all the jumps, tough-guy?!:thumb:

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Right on Heather...give it right back.

Glad you liked the final section...hope Geoff wasnt to upset to see the change...it was a tough call to change that..but it is the first section we have reworked. I only got one run on a borrowed bike through there and it felt like it was going to work.

Sorry Browneye...I will get some pictures next time out! I seriously didnt stop for 10 even mins on Saturday. It was a big day!

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
No worries @ ALL!!:D

I felt like the original,berm to berm transfer that Dave and I built, was a little technical for the intended user of the line. My wife was getting backside on the new features w/in a couple runs and maintaining flow and thats what it's all about:thumb:

Off topic: The sender @ the end of HLC is ridiculous...Good job Chad and crew:thumb: I didn't have the stones to hit it on the hardtail....gonna have to take the DHB out and send it:eek:

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
My wife was getting backside on the new features w/in a couple runs and maintaining flow and thats what it's all about:thumb:
:
Right on dude, that's our secret hey....keep the chicks happy and then we can have a good time~!

Glad Heather was diggin it...and yup..havent seen the "happy ending" yet (only pics), but am planning on taking my nuts with me next time i head out there.

PS:
After working Sat we blocked the ending off with branches. They may / may not have been removed on Sunday (i asked other dudes to make that call on Sunday)...anyone who heads out today...feel free to remove them and ride.......AND.... if it looks like it is getting hammered on that new section..please just block it off again (safely) to keep the masses off.....thx

Last edited:

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
The second stop was Greenlake and did you guys know someone built a killer skate park there!!:confused: J/K....J/k........I had heard of it but thats how long it's been since I've been there:D Jumps looked great.....I did pick up a little trash so as not to be a total slacker. Took a while to get the mainline down but finally got all the way through a bunch of times so that was fun.Noone was around due to the steady drizzle....after a bit a ripper name Brian(black EVIL) showed up....destroyed...then took off..gangster:thumb:
Thread jack warning!

There's a little stump/kicker in the hills behind the dirt jumps that can give you 30ft+ of high speed air (horizontally), but you're never more than a couple feet off the ground. Me and a friend had a distance contest there. I think he hit 35ft... You pedal like a madman into one of those ravines, and just send it when you get to the top of the opposite slope, off a little stump.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Thread jack warning!

There's a little stump/kicker in the hills behind the dirt jumps that can give you 30ft+ of high speed air (horizontally), but you're never more than a couple feet off the ground. Me and a friend had a distance contest there. I think he hit 35ft... You pedal like a madman into one of those ravines, and just send it when you get to the top of the opposite slope, off a little stump.

Haha,,,,,the "V-jump" has been around for ever.....pre-dates the dirtjumps(as people know'em now) by years.....I remember impromptu "Jams" oriented around the V-jump in the early 90's....Toast, Sky chief etc.....all pedaling like mad...haha. I had a '92 specialized Rock Hopper with a rigid Tange fork...I crashed even more then than I do now:rofl:.....oh yeah.....good times.....:D

Hey Big B ....where 'bouts in Lynhood do you live....I live off 164th.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Haha,,,,,the "V-jump" has been around for ever.....pre-dates the dirtjumps(as people know'em now) by years.....I remember impromptu "Jams" oriented around the V-jump in the early 90's....Toast, Sky chief etc.....all pedaling like mad...haha. I had a '92 specialized Rock Hopper with a rigid Tange fork...I crashed even more then than I do now:rofl:.....oh yeah.....good times.....:D

Hey Big B ....where 'bouts in Lynhood do you live....I live off 164th.
Very close to you, depending on what side of I-5 your on. I'm just off 196th along Locust. I can spit on 405 from my place.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I still see no pics!

Gana try and head out there Thursday though, I'm itching to check this place out!

~Scott

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Back to the topic

New section at the end was not blocked off and it was running nicely now. My wife rode your line for the first time and was stoked to have something thats inbetween the advanced lines and the luna chicks line.

Our new jump was being sent as well, should be ready for consumer relise in a few weeks once we attach a case pad and take out that stump.

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Just so happens I had my camera with me for the work party, got a few gooders of Mutton sharing his vision with us :D
Ha ha Matt....was that me sharing my vision after you had shared your vision and now I was using your vision? Thanks for that idea...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Finally made it out today! You guys all have done some great work, thanks! Had a blast on the SXT and FINALLY got to open things up a bit.
:thumb:

~Scott

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
HLC line, I dont think the step up is open to the public yet, but there are some nice jumps before it that are.

Nice pics, that step up is not small.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
We have the step up hitting but are still in the tweaking phase. We would like to get the casegaurd done before we open it. It's a solid 20+ feet that comes at you really fast, so safety is key. We'll be out this weekend working on some part of the line. Stop by and check it out.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
We have the step up hitting but are still in the tweaking phase. We would like to get the casegaurd done before we open it. It's a solid 20+ feet that comes at you really fast, so safety is key. We'll be out this weekend working on some part of the line. Stop by and check it out.
If I come by Sunday, are there good odds I'll get to hit this thing? :thumb:

It looks pretty sick from what I saw Thursday. It appears a little bigger than anything I've done on the SXT so far...but there's a first for everything.

~Scott