Quantcast

2nd Annual Beacon Blowout Dh Race

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^Have you organized a race before? This was no decide-to-do-it-one-week-and-run-it-the-next affair.

It's gratifying to see the interest in another race; but these things don't just happen by themselves. It takes a lot of manpower, scheduling, time and resources to do. First of all, Eric is in his busy season now and even getting a date that he can do is difficult.

It would be fun to have a series again; but there's a reason Gino and Wendy aren't doing it anymore - - there's not enough return in it to be a DH race promoter for a living; and it's too resource- and time-intensive to do a as a hobby.

If we get some moisture up on Beacon in the Fall, I'm for hosting a season-ending soiree like maybe in October; but that's just a dream of mine at this point.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
^^Have you organized a race before? This was no decide-to-do-it-one-week-and-run-it-the-next affair.

It's gratifying to see the interest in another race; but these things don't just happen by themselves. It takes a lot of manpower, scheduling, time and resources to do. First of all, Eric is in his busy season now and even getting a date that he can do is difficult.

It would be fun to have a series again; but there's a reason Gino and Wendy aren't doing it anymore - - there's not enough return in it to be a DH race promoter for a living; and it's too resource- and time-intensive to do a as a hobby.

If we get some moisture up on Beacon in the Fall, I'm for hosting a season-ending soiree like maybe in October; but that's just a dream of mine at this point.

Really appreciate the effort, the race was a blast! Any word on posting results yet?

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I got a $20 check in the mail today.......DAMN!!! If the Beacon crew screw up, they own up.... Who else does that? I should have just told them to hold my money for next years race. So I will do atleast 1 race next year, thats the BEACON BLOWOUT!!!!!